Help!!!

LJGEdits

So I can log into my game from the launcher, and the game starts to load fine until about 5 seconds in on the loading screen. The game freezes for about ten minutes, and then goes to the server select screen except there are no servers to pick from and the game says it can not locate servers. I close the box and the game closes. I have tried reinstalling the game, restarting pc., and everything else I could think of. Please help, thanks :)

I have had the exact same issue since around Thursday as well.

Win 10 Ent, tried Flushing DNS, removed and recreated fire wall permissions, Disabled anti virus, running Launcher and SWTOR both as admin.

at a total loss here friends.

I have had the exact same issue since around Thursday as well.

Win 10 Ent, tried Flushing DNS, removed and recreated fire wall permissions, Disabled anti virus, running Launcher and SWTOR both as admin.

at a total loss here friends.

Yeah, it really sucks... It has something to do with the new update I think since I have not installed anything to make the game not work...

I hear ya man. On the off chance, I'm gonna try and roll back my Nvidia driver. Not sure how that could be the cause, but it is the only thing that has changed.

If it works, I'll let ya know as well.

shoot, even pinging the servers, the slowest part is 63ms. So it has to be something obvious, that I am just not seeing.

Well not sure if it will work for you, as I'm using an old GT750 Nvidia card, But I rolled the driver back to 362.00 reset my monitor settings, fullscreen windowed, 1080P, 60 hrz, and boom, all was good.

I hope that will work for you as well.

Ok... So I updated my drivers for my NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 Ti Graphics card, didn't help. The game still does not load, but now at least Windows says that it is not responding. Please help!!!!!!

Well shoot, Sorry that didn't work for ya bro. I'd follow the advice above and do the DXdiag and check it out then.

I have the exactly same issue since yesterday on two computers. One is with Nvidia, the other with ATI gfx cards. There was no change in software, drivers or whatsoever ... The game just gets stuck after launching and after some time you get the empty server screen.

That should be either network issue or just the game is stuck for too long so we get a timeout.

I can try and revert to an older gfx card driver but I see no reason, since nothing was changed on both PCs.

That is very possible an ISP DNS trouble but I might be wrong of course. Using public DNS servers does not help either.

I am in Greece at the moment, wonder what's the location of the other people that got same problem.

By the way, the OP should have put a title that gives any information. I did read this just by chance ... Writing simple "Help" as title is not helping much the forum users. A short problem description in the title would be much better .

Edited by RRTForceMaster

I can confirm now, that this is connection problem. I was just able to log into the game after a big waiting. I thought that's because of the 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 DNS setting that I made and removing the IP6 protocol in the network settings, but since I was testing, I ran around a bit with my char, then logged off and quitted.

On the next try, I had exactly the same problem. So this is definitely connection problem and I would say it's my ISP most probably.

Same here, started this morning at 9:00 in my country, after the patch same issue (I made a post in general forum asking when it will go live again, and they answered me the patch will start in 15 min... so I understood something went wrong) :)

So now is live again but I have no server list...

EDIT: Is AVG Antivirus... after the update.

Edited by DagazSW

I use the free version of AVG too. Confirmed.

When AVG is normally activated, server list is empty (by chance it might work putting the player at server choice).

When AVG is disabled (until restart in my situation), game launches normally and automatically goes to the character select screen.

So it seems, that all this crap is AVG's fault.

Edited by RRTForceMaster

EVERYONE THANK YOU IT IS CONFIRMED THAT IT IS AVG'S FAULT!!!! I uninstalled AVG and am currently using the free version of Norton. Again, thank you to everyone for your help!!!

:csw_jabba::csw_atst: :csw_atst:

:csw_destroyer: :csw_destroyer: :csw_shuttle: :csw_shuttle:

:csw_atat: :csw_atat:

So it seems, that all this crap is AVG's fault.

I work for a webhosting company that caters to soccer moms. We removed AVG from our recommended list when they got caught selling off their user data. Updating was an issue quite often as well.

Norton has issues as well because they back down from legal threats. ("What do you mean 'xyz' is spyware?!?! We're going to sue!" "No problem, we'll remove the classification on your software...")

To be perfectly honest, we're just telling folks to use Microsoft's build in anti virus. Just to make sure it's actually running and updating,

Edited by dr_mike