Credit Cap upgrade

It's a video game. This is the type of thing that people play to take their mind off of things such as medical bills at least for a little while. This type of game is about immersion. I'm not saying that it should be cheap but still offer people who can't sub for whatever their reason is a chance to be fully immersed like the people who can sub. Yes people who sub should get special perks such as not having to pay for those things, and earning more EXP, but everyone should be able to enjoy every aspect of the game in some way or another.

The reason for why you play, or level of "immersion" is irrelevant. It's not a charity. You want something for nothing. You DO have the ability to enjoy every aspect of the game in some way or another: all the way up to 350k.

Edited by HeatRacer

Removing the credit cap isn't something that makes sense...the big thing with that would likely be just more credit spammers popping up...

Raising it, perhaps tied into a duration of account time in use, could work.

Perhaps after a month of play time, the credit cap would be a flat 500k...would make a lot of things easier for a lot of people

Removing the credit cap isn't something that makes sense...the big thing with that would likely be just more credit spammers popping up...

Raising it, perhaps tied into a duration of account time in use, could work.

Perhaps after a month of play time, the credit cap would be a flat 500k...would make a lot of things easier for a lot of people

Something like that would be alright as well. I'm not saying this should be a thing people can buy over and over and be able to get millions of credits, make it a one time thing that raises it another 350k so you can get to 700k. This would allow people to have access to more things that they didn't before but also keep the subscribers happy with their unlimited cap. It would bind to your account so you couldn't sell it on GTN.

As sad as it is to say the community in this game is slowly shrinking, something like this would help give players incentive to stick around. Credits are practically worthless, the only thing to spend them on is the stuff on GTN. If done right this wouldn't cause players to stop subscribing, but would cause more players to come into the game for longer durations and possibly subscribe as well. No matter what it is a win/win (if done right) so PS players have a reason to spend a little money on CC and the people who subscribe will still subscribe.

As sad as it is to say the community in this game is slowly shrinking, something like this would help give players incentive to stick around. Credits are practically worthless, the only thing to spend them on is the stuff on GTN. If done right this wouldn't cause players to stop subscribing.

I can tell you with nearly* absolute confidence that if you removed the credit cap I would stop subscribing. Full stop. With access to my credits, I would buy operation and warzone passes off the GTN. I'd buy any cartel market things I'd want off the GTN. I'm at level cap--what do I care for the 25% xp cut? Everything else I can either rent (passes) or unlock outright using my massive amount of credits. In my case, you'd go from a guy who spends $15/month to one who spends 0/month but still plays as if he (almost) has a sub.

I know I know, you're saying sell them as CC unlocks so you couldn't just outright remove the cap. I don't care. I have 700m+ in my personal guildbank. I'd blow all 700m plus the CC I've been hoarding from my monthly grants to functionally remove that cap. It would be like Bioware is paying me to stop paying them!

*I may or may not also stay subbed for suitable rewards like Nico Okarr or the HK quest.

I can tell you with nearly* absolute confidence that if you removed the credit cap I would stop subscribing. Full stop. With access to my credits, I would buy operation and warzone passes off the GTN. I'd buy any cartel market things I'd want off the GTN. I'm at level cap--what do I care for the 25% xp cut? Everything else I can either rent (passes) or unlock outright using my massive amount of credits. In my case, you'd go from a guy who spends $15/month to one who spends 0/month but still plays as if he (almost) has a sub.

I know I know, you're saying sell them as CC unlocks so you couldn't just outright remove the cap. I don't care. I have 700m+ in my personal guildbank. I'd blow all 700m plus the CC I've been hoarding from my monthly grants to functionally remove that cap. It would be like Bioware is paying me to stop paying them!

*I may or may not also stay subbed for suitable rewards like Nico Okarr or the HK quest.

That's what I meant when I said make it a one time permanent increase to something like 600 or 700k. After that you cannot use another one to increase your cap again. That gives the people who subscribe a reason to continue to sub so they have access to all their credits and those who can't or don't sub can get a little bit more but not have an unlimited amount of credits. Don't remove the cap, just give people the option to spend like $10 and upgrade their cap a little.