The Kaggath Returns again!

Selenial

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are proud to announce that the fabled Kaggath tournament will be returning this spring! That's right, a fresh and renewed adaptation of the Kaggath Battlegrounds will be making their way to the ComicVine forums hopefully next week! The tournament will be hosted on ComicVine to allow a larger participation pool, as the forum is free and hosts many of the greatest Star Wars debaters.

We haven't forgotten our roots though, and as a gesture to our home forums, we wanted to let you all know first! While we cannot give you an unfair advantage by releasing the faction template, those of you who participated in the original battlegrounds should have a good idea of what is to come.

For those of you worried about time, know that the format of ComicVine debates lends to fewer but longer posts, and we are hoping to drastically cut down on the time these faction contests take. We've accommodated this even more with the changes we have made to the format.

We hope to see many of you around when the tournament launches, and we'll make sure to link the signup thread down below when it's ready. Post up below if you're interested, we'd love to know how many of you are interested. If you have any questions that also aren't too specific, we'd love to see them too!

— Sel, Aurbere and Beni

Edited by Selenial

It can be done with any number, to be honest. We had 10 teams last time, which led to a 3 faction battleground, but it worked quite well.

Could do it with as few as 4 (Which I believe is what we've got already, despite not announcing it anywhere other than here) and could go with as many as 16...

It can be done with any number, to be honest. We had 10 teams last time, which led to a 3 faction battleground, but it worked quite well.

Could do it with as few as 4 (Which I believe is what we've got already, despite not announcing it anywhere other than here) and could go with as many as 16...

A small number would be advisable, in my experience people have short attention spans.

Right when I have absolutely no time. :(

Aww, how long for?

We might be able to help accomodate for that, since faction making is probably going to take a while, and we could make sure you weren't fighting in the first round? If that helps, I'm not sure how long you'll be out of commission :p

Aww, how long for?

We might be able to help accomodate for that, since faction making is probably going to take a while, and we could make sure you weren't fighting in the first round? If that helps, I'm not sure how long you'll be out of commission :p

I wont have time till end of May.

Out of interest, what is the Kaggath? I'm guessing we're not building armies to kill each other but is it any similar to Conquest?
I would advise referring to the Rulebook on that one to give you a general gist:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=745159

Building armies to kill each other isn't too far off the mark, and as I understand it, yes it is similar to conquest. To put it plainly you construct a faction and must argue their victory over other factions in a series of tournament style matchups.

I would advise referring to the Rulebook on that one to give you a general gist:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=745159

Building armies to kill each other isn't too far off the mark, and as I understand it, yes it is similar to conquest. To put it plainly you construct a faction and must argue their victory over other factions in a series of tournament style matchups.

Thanks for the info Beni, I'm reading it all now. At the moment it seems like a tournament version of Conquest but with stricter rules.

Edited by PadsterPwns

Thanks for the info Beni, I'm reading it all now. At the moment it seems like a tournament version of Conquest but with stricter rules.

Pretty much :p

The stricter rules came in because we've had numerous people attempt the cheat the system. Nothing wrong with it when they tried, but a lot of it was against the spirit of the Kaggath, prompting new rules...

• 2 weeks later...