Yavin IV mount issues

Dashtardly

After killing the stoneray matriarch, I find that I can not mount up. When I click on a vehicle I the start of the sound file for mounting a vehicle but then it stops and I get a message "You can't mount here". However, if I move away from the nest area (which I used to always be able to mount up) I still get the message. I can use my Rocket Boost, just not a vehicle. After quick-travelling back to the alliance base, I still have the mount-up bug. I have tried other vehicles than the one on my quick bar and they get the same result. The only "fix" is to log out and log back in again.

I've found this delightful little bug, myself. QTing to a stronghold will fix it. At least it does for me. I've only noticed the issue recently since I have been ignoring Yavin since KOTFE dropped.

Now, if I make the Yavin daily/weekly run, I do the stoneray quest last so I can just port off Yavin once I turn in the missions.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, I know this won't get fixed but thought I would just post it anyway.

Sometimes you can't mount anywhere while on Yavin IV. When clicking on your mount, it says, "You can't mount here" . Now, if you logout and back in, you can successfully ride a mount. I'm told, if you teleport back to your stronghold and back to Yavin IV, you should be able to mount as well. Haven't tried it.

Anyhow. It's obviously not game breaking so I assume it will never get fixed. Thankfully, there is a workaround.

• 1 month later...

This just started bugging for me. It only happens if I take a Pub side toon and QT to the Republic Forward Camp. But it prevents me from summoning any mount except the Rocket Boost temporary, until I get over nearer to the Imperial camp.

If I land on Yavin and QT to the alcove base, it doesn't happen at all.

I haven't seen it yet on any of my Imp toons, but it's been a minute since I played any of them on Yavin. I really only go to refresh Ruusan crystals, etc...

• 7 months later...
It's obviously not game breaking so I assume it will never get fixed. Thankfully, there is a workaround.

Here I am, trying to find out if this is a more recent issue, discovering it's anything but recent and seemingly quite common and then, while reading this comment, realizing that not only has fixing bugs here never been much of a priority, the players seem to have come to terms with it or learnt to live with it or... I don't know, whatever. I'm sad,

• 1 month later...
Hey, I know this won't get fixed but thought I would just post it anyway.

Sometimes you can't mount anywhere while on Yavin IV. When clicking on your mount, it says, "You can't mount here" . Now, if you logout and back in, you can successfully ride a mount. I'm told, if you teleport back to your stronghold and back to Yavin IV, you should be able to mount as well. Haven't tried it.

Anyhow. It's obviously not game breaking so I assume it will never get fixed. Thankfully, there is a workaround.

It is game breaking, if you have to log out because a programmer forgot to clean the states after you leave one phase you lose the queue time.

still broken

Edited by Alexandrozingsw
clarification

if it is phase related right mouse clicking on the character portrait and resetting all active phases ?

It's more in the "if player is out of the cave remove can't mount flag" way, by now it should be a standard procedure/function to call when you switch zones and or qt.

Oricon has a cave too and this problem doesn't happen, but that's another quality of content.

Edited by Alexandrozingsw
clarification