The Foundry HM FP, HK47 Encounter, Power of the Core

AhnNu

Tried running this with a couple guildmates tonight, and had HK come out of the core with Power of the Core on. We figured out what happened the first couple wipes, and I found a post from 4 years ago about a bug with it, and we made sure to not have all the panels hit at the instant they come active (though that didn't used to be an issue either), and his first iteration out of the core HK was normal. Not the second time, he popped Power of the Core right away. tried it twice that way, and timed it almost identical to the first iteration (which was normal on our second attempt that way), but again, the second iteration was back to overpowered.

I've run this since 4.0, and many times before, and I've never had HK come out like that. Admittedly I didn't run them much before 1.5, but in the last 4 years, since that bug was fixed, I can't can't on all my fingers and toes I've run this HM FP.

The only real difference from anything before is that there were 3 of us using a companion, but I can't imagine why that would make a difference?

Surprisingly or not, the companion makes all the difference. This is a bug which I've first noticed way before 4.0.

When HK goes into the core, Companions can continue to attack for some reason, which often leads to issues with HK.

My advice, don't use a companion or put them on passive when HK goes into the core.

Ran it a couple days later, this time swapped out my healer for a tank and put the companion on heals, had no issues. Suspect that it did, indeed, come down to the companion maintaining the attack on HK while he was in the core. Will try again at some point to test this out. Such a pain if this is true, because running it with a full 4 player team, and them continuing to attack HK had no effect when he came out of the core.