The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rakata Race: Please consider making it playable or allowing us to have as companion

Skorpos

First off , I'm not trying to incite a discussion about cannon this or that. I simply really like the Rakata race. My Stronghold is decorated with tons of Rakata items as well as a Rakata Mystic from the Acolyte's pack.

I realize that new races might not be high on the list of things in the pipeline, and I realize that many want things fixed as I do as well. I am simply making a request that Rakata as a playable race or as a companion be considered for the future. Before people say " a new voice actor would have to be hired"...not really. They could use the Synthesized voice of the Rakata that is already in game, or I would even be ok with the current standardized voices that are included in game for each of the classes. As far as developing new artwork, not really so much. The Rakata Mystic has already been in game as a decoration for some time now, from the Acolyte Pack.

That's really all I have to say, please consider this for the future in SWTOR.:)

Thanks,

Noxx/Enkhil/Kublai/Archangel

lightSaberAddiCT is correct in that the Rakata have been all but extinct for many millennia. There are pockets of population on Belsavis (and Eternity Vault), and apparently an enclave on Rakata Prime. But beyond that their fire went out a long time ago. The Republic and Empire do not even know they exist until they are uncovered on Belsavis.

Furthermore, it is established in the story that the Rakata dislike (if not outright hate) those not of their kind.

So, due to the above how could there be a Rakatan anything (Jedi, Sith, BH, IA, Smuggler, Trooper or even companion) in the Empire or the Republic?

Lastly, the species breaks a cardinal rule of playable species: they don't speak basic.

Edited by psandak

Any species that doesn't speak basic isn't going to make it off the starter world. Do you realize how annoying it would get to have your character spouting the same 1-2 pre-recorded lines of gibberish over and over for every dialogue option?

I wish the races they did add would have a handful of mentions put throughout the various classes (like Jorgan recognizing if your trooper is a Cathar).

lightSaberAddiCT is correct in that the Rakata have been all but extinct for many millennia. There are pockets of population on Belsavis (and Eternity Vault), and apparently an enclave on Rakata Prime.

Eternity Vault is a prison on Belsavis.

I wish the races they did add would have a handful of mentions put throughout the various classes (like Jorgan recognizing if your trooper is a Cathar).

I am reminded of a mission on Ord Mantell - the medicine stolen then missing. The officer wants you to talk to the Cathar and goes on to describe them. When you are a Cathar that makes no sense :p

Also on Hoth when you meet a Chiss for the first time and you are a Chiss.

They have improved their story-telling recently with KotFE in that when an NPC recognizes who/what you are they respond more appropriately, but the chances of them going back and "fixing" the 1-50 story like that is nil.

I am reminded of a mission on Ord Mantell - the medicine stolen then missing. The officer wants you to talk to the Cathar and goes on to describe them. When you are a Cathar that makes no sense :p

Also on Hoth when you meet a Chiss for the first time and you are a Chiss.

Be a Twi'lek and talk to some Kalikori village members. There is or was at least one who was giving a verbal shrug to "those humans" ... :D

Be a Twi'lek and talk to some Kalikori village members. There is or was at least one who was giving a verbal shrug to "those humans" ... :D

Or these oddities I found:

* A Miraluka Jedi will promise to someone in the Kalikori village that he/she has both eyes open for whatever it is that is lost.

* The Imp Agent story is littered with conversations that become gibberish if your agent is a Rattataki. "The Rattataki must wait outside." Well, OK, but if both of us wait outside, why did we bother coming? Even Kaliyo herself will talk to you as if life on Rattatak is something you wouldn't know about.