companions not auto reapplying buffs

Darimund

So i've figured out something that may or may not help narrow down the broken code.

If I clear all of the class buffs from my toon and reapply them, my companion will resume auto applying buffs until i change to a new area, IE, move to a different planet, use fleet pass, etc. at which point i'll have to clear the class buffs from my toon and reapply.

The companion appears to be consistently able to reapply buffs, even when moving in and out of instanced areas. Basically it'll keep working until there's a loading screen involved.

*edit, just a side note. simply refreshing the buffs is not sufficient, they have to either wear off or be removed by right clicking the active buffs. Removing only 1, if you have more, is sufficient, however.

Edited by Darimund

So i've figured out something that may or may not help narrow down the broken code.

If I clear all of the class buffs from my toon and reapply them, my companion will resume auto applying buffs until i change to a new area, IE, move to a different planet, use fleet pass, etc. at which point i'll have to clear the class buffs from my toon and reapply.

The companion appears to be consistently able to reapply buffs, even when moving in and out of instanced areas. Basically it'll keep working until there's a loading screen involved.

*edit, just a side note. simply refreshing the buffs is not sufficient, they have to either wear off or be removed by right clicking the active buffs. Removing only 1, if you have more, is sufficient, however.

I just tested this myself and your correct. If I remove the buffs completely, my comp will reapply the buff to himself and me automatically every time I either get off my mount, enter an instance or if I jump right into combat from my mount as soon as combat is over they apply the buffs. But if I don't remove them first then never apply them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Funny. I was looking for this as a bug, but in the opposite direction. My class buffs are being reapplied by my comp at every turn, even when I'm mounted, for some odd reason. Basically, it's easily happening every 30 seconds. Now, it may not be so annonying on other classes, but on the Sage/Shadow that high pitched sound every 30 seconds is bugging the hell out of me. And I have now reached the point where I have completely removed my class buffs und would rather run around without them than have to stomache this class-buff-reapplication-tango any longer...