Cathar War Staff not usable now due to content update? Screw you customers any how!

Ryvenn

Decided to return to game to see if things changed. As always from EA, lots of promises, eye candy and hope.

I purchased on day one of its implementation the Cathar Warstaff. Now, due to changes by the Developers, Kira can no longer use it. So i am stuck with a piece of gear which is bound to that one charactrer, that i spent money on. I submitted a ticket to customer service... LOL, i hear you all laughing at me as well... and as expected Customer Service had no Service for this Customer. What she did have was this:

"... this was a game change due to content update and customer service cannot change this. One suggestion I have is that you should have the ability to unlock the item via collections so you can use it with any other character..."

So you Devs BROKE this aspect of the game and the only solution given is to spend more money on an item that money was already spent to acquire? Why not just authorize customer service to do as you are already thinking, and allow CSRs to tell people to go drink drano, ***k off and die screaming in a fire? All you seem to do is release $10k worth of cartel market items each game update, yet content-wise, it's anywhere from 20 min (ch11) to less than an hour (ch10). That's as a casual gamer, not some hard core, maxed out gear raider. I blew through CH10 and 11 wearing purple 156 gear.

A solution to a purchased product problem should never be, "Go spend more money to correct OUR mistake." That's not customer service. that's fncqing over the customer, regardless of the value or amount spent.

Edited by Ryvenn

So i am stuck with a piece of gear which is bound to that one charactrer, that i spent money on.

Not entirely accurate. Now that you have the Cathar Warstaff it should be in your collections (there are buttons to ope your collections window all over the place (check your inventory window (lower left corner IIRC)), which means you can unlock it (granted for another CC fee, but MUCH lower than buying another Cathar Warstaff using CCs) and create a copy of it to use with other characters - specifically Jedi Shadows and Sith Assassins.

Granted it will never be useful to your JK again, but the collections path is an option.

Not entirely accurate. Now that you have the Cathar Warstaff it should be in your collections (there are buttons to ope your collections window all over the place (check your inventory window (lower left corner IIRC)), which means you can unlock it (granted for another CC fee, but MUCH lower than buying another Cathar Warstaff using CCs) and create a copy of it to use with other characters - specifically Jedi Shadows and Sith Assassins.

Granted it will never be useful to your JK again, but the collections path is an option.

congrats on completely regurgitating what i already stated. Had you any sort of reading comprehension, you'd never have responding... knowing that i already addressed that yes, it was possible to "fix the problem by yet again spending money on the problem."

This shouldn't be a problem solved by the customer spending more money, regardless of the amount. i stated that as well.

What did you expect? Changes were made, Kira and Jaesa can no longer use the cathar war staff, and there's nothing customer service can do about it.

hence the reason i posted here. CS said post here for devs to do something about it.

To ensure that your ideas are seen by the right people, we recommend posting them on our Suggestion Box forum

congrats on completely regurgitating what i already stated. Had you any sort of reading comprehension, you'd never have responding... knowing that i already addressed that yes, it was possible to "fix the problem by yet again spending money on the problem."

This shouldn't be a problem solved by the customer spending more money, regardless of the amount. i stated that as well.

Obviously you are a subscriber. Then you should be getting 500-600 FREE coins every month for being a subscriber. Why don't you use those to unlock the staff? By using your FREE onthly coins you will not spend any money. Then again, with the attitude you have shown here I would not expect you to even think about such a simple solution.

Rage on!

Edited by Kilikaa

Obviously you are a subscriber. Then you should be getting 500-600 FREE coins every month for being a subscriber. Why don't you use those to unlock the staff? By using your FREE onthly coins you will not spend any money. Then again, with the attitude you have shown here I would not expect you to even think about such a simple solution.

Rage on!

Again, completely missing the point. Feel free to keep staring down your self-righteous nose though. The solution to a problem they created shouldn't be for the customer to spend more money, regardless of the amount spent. Then again, with the ignorance you have shown here, i wouldn't expect you to engage in common sense.

Vomit your nonsense on!

Edited by Ryvenn

Rage on!

Completely missing the point, he shouldn't have to. If they are going to make a change that has an impact such as this, the players should be refunded the amount of cc they spent on the item or get a boe one in the mail. He was baited and switched, just the switch took place long later, that doesn't make it right.