Offhand weapon not offhand anymore.

Dinoviking

I had my Nico Okarr blasters in both hands. I upgraded the mods in them, and now they are both marked main hand only. I tried to put one if the offhand slot and it said "invalid". None of the mods I put in indicated in any way that this would happen. I really don't understand this and, believe it or not, this actually makes my game unplayable for me because I really like the look of those blasters. All other blasters look small and crappy by comparison.

I submitted a ticket asking for this to be fixed and the blasters set back to being usable in either hand. Hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later. I'm posting this so others can know about it and watch out for it. If mods can fundamentally alter the basic nature of a weapon from offhand to main hand, they need to be labelled as such.

If the barrel is marked Main Hand, it can only be equipped in the Main Hand. You need an Off-Hand barrel for your Off-Hand pistol.

Crafted barrels can go in either hand. If you pulled the barrel from a looted ranged weapon, then you need to pay attention to the type of barrel it is. Main or Off-hand.

Barrels are like armorings. They can only be used in "like" slots. Chest to Chest, Legs to Legs, etc.

Edited by PorsaLindahl