The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do dark side nexuses and light side ones really weaken light side and dark side users

adormitul

For example Darth Vader had no problem killing some jedi masters in the jedi temple in spite of him being a dark side user.

Kyle Katarn had no problem also killing Jarek on the planet the taught bomb went off. Revan had no problem killing dozen of sith while getting out of Korriban.

Jaden defeated Magna Ragnos while on a dark side nexus while being only 15.

The hero of tython defeated the emperors voice while being on a dark side nexus.

None of them seemed to have been weakened by the nexuses why is that?

For example Darth Vader had no problem killing some jedi masters in the jedi temple in spite of him being a dark side user.

Kyle Katarn had no problem also killing Jarek on the planet the taught bomb went off. Revan had no problem killing dozen of sith while getting out of Korriban.

Jaden defeated Magna Ragnos while on a dark side nexus while being only 15.

The hero of tython defeated the emperors voice while being on a dark side nexus.

None of them seemed to have been weakened by the nexuses why is that?

Plot armor, Deus Ex Machina?

Edited by psandak

Pretty much this.

It could be explained away though as saying the dark nexus doesn't restrict the use of the light side (or vice versa) but rather makes resisting the dark side more difficult.

Alternately it can be explained that it doesn't restrict the opposite alignment, just boosts the those in line with it.

And as for the Jedi Temple, there actually was a dark side nexus sitting under it (in legends I think it was a neutral force nexus, in canon it is dark)

Pretty much this.

It could be explained away though as saying the dark nexus doesn't restrict the use of the light side (or vice versa) but rather makes resisting the dark side more difficult.

Alternately it can be explained that it doesn't restrict the opposite alignment, just boosts the those in line with it.

And as for the Jedi Temple, there actually was a dark side nexus sitting under it (in legends I think it was a neutral force nexus, in canon it is dark)

Okay so it does not affect the users force powers but it affects their clarity because it keeps tempting them on the dark side. Also if the jedi temple is on a dark side nexus the jedi got used and quite resistant if not immune to such kind of nexuses meaning that its empowers dark side users but it no longer make light side uses weak the same with light side nexuses.

Could it be that former sith that went light side and former jedi that went dark side developed a resistance to nexuses of any kind because of using both light and dark side powers?

Wait, when is the Force Well under the Coruscant Temple declared Dark Side in the new canon?

It was always meant to be pure power, neither Light nor Dark.

The Jedi Praxeum on Yavin IV was near a Dark Side nexus.

Traditionally, a Dark Side Nexus is meant to boost those already on the Dark Side and tempt those who aren't. I don't know of any actual Light Side Nexus anywhere (under the Coruscant Temple is Neutral after all)

Wait, when is the Force Well under the Coruscant Temple declared Dark Side in the new canon?

Traditionally, a Dark Side Nexus is meant to boost those already on the Dark Side and tempt those who aren't. I don't know of any actual Light Side Nexus anywhere (under the Coruscant Temple is Neutral after all)

After thousands of year you would think that after thousands of years it became light. I mean really what makes a force nexus dark side or light side?

In the Tarkin novel IIRC, it's stated that the temple was built on an old Sith shrine and that it was still active, sending Dark Side energy up into the temple. This is partially why the Jedi were weakened, though this happened because the Jedi that built the temple didn't realize it was still seeping energy.

After thousands of year you would think that after thousands of years it became light. I mean really what makes a force nexus dark side or light side?

Any number of things, though the most common ways are through long Force exposure (either alignment), rituals, sometimes just raw power (in legends Palaptine is a Dark Side nexus) and deaths of Dark/Light Side users.

And some writers and producers in Star Wars did not want Darth Vader to die when he was only a few years into the New Imperial Order. Besides the Emperor still had alot of other Darklords etc to do his dirtywork, Kyle Katarn had his own series in games and books so why kill him off fighting the good fight against Lord Jerek, Jerek also looses his sight but is Force Sensitive and becomes a Sith Lord. In some stories he was an Admiral or General at one time before becomming a Dark Lord, I think he was once a General Moff Hand.

Yes but of course, Yavin 4 to be exact, where Luke Skywalker would found his Jedi Academy, a number of his students fell to the darkside some returned and some fled only to be defeated.

Yes but of course, Yavin 4 to be exact, where Luke Skywalker would found his Jedi Academy, a number of his students fell to the darkside some returned and some fled only to be defeated.

I meant Exar Kun's tomb temple as the biggest nexus of Dark Power on the moon, though you are correct that most of Yavin IV counts as a "Dark Side Site", with the strongest Dark areas being the temples themselves. ;)