The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Some Things I'd like to see in Cartel Market

rynlath

1. Casual Vandal armor chest piece with the jacket closed: for some reason this outfit reminds me of Luke's Bespin outfit and would love to have the a version of the jacket closed.

2. Jedi/Sith Ghosts to have moving around stronghold like on Yavin 4

3. More Republic/Imperial dress blues for the military outfits

4. More Imperial looking armor

5. Single handed lightsabers that have the blade coming out the other end so have a force unleashed look. Don't know if there is clipping issues, but still be nice to see.

6. More Starfighter looks please! Maybe some Mandalorian looking fighters or just fighters from other races.

7. More companions robot and monster

8. More strongholds Manaan, Koriban, Tython, Voss, Zakhul

9. Playable race Voss

10. More facial tattoos for all races and body tattoos

11. Just a plane looking wooden staff

Edited by rynlath

5. Single handed lightsabers that have the blade coming out the other end so have a force unleashed look. Don't know if there is clipping issues, but still be nice to see.

You mean a reversed grip?

For Sages, it would probably clip with your leg or the side of your stomach when you run. For Guardians, when you stand. For Maras and Sents, the damage done to your thighs as you fight or run would be terrifying.

I think just about all the single-ended sabre users would have to have new animations just for this weapon. That probably makes it a "no".

Technical point of practicalities: reversed grips are good for knife work, with a *short* single-edged blade, but for large swords, it's not so practical. A lightsabre has a metre long blade - that's more than long enough to be "large" for this purpose - that cuts in all directions so the risk of severe injury to your own arm would be significant.

7. More companions robot and monster

*More* companions? Don't you have enough already?

9. Playable race Voss

This one has been discussed many times. There's a horse-coloured smear on the ground over there, in among the dents from all the times people have beaten it. Forum Search is your friend. Summary: they are too tall-and-thin, and the lore weirdness would be too much. There's a lot of dialogue in various places that would make zero sense, maybe less, if the player character was a Voss.

All the class stories have a dialogue where they tell you to go to this planet that nobody knows much about, called Voss. This wouldn't make much sense if the PC was a Voss. ("Whaddaya mean nobody knows about it? It's my homeworld!") Similarly, on Voss itself, the PC is frequently addressed as an outsider, a non-Voss even. ("You are not Voss." "Um, yes, yes I am Voss. Look at me before you say **** like that.")

If you think it's bad playing a Rattataki Agent and watching "the Rattataki" not mean your character, imagine a whole planet where everybody thinks you aren't what you are and that you are what you aren't and nothing that anyone says to you makes the slightest sense as a result.

10. More facial tattoos for all races and body tattoos

Yeah, I support this. Hunt down the options for Norn tattoos in GW2 for the sorts of thing I mean.

11. Just a plane looking wooden staff

What type of weapon would it be? Techstaff? Electrostaff?