Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

why does patch have to be so slow

Gluo

512kps...1020kps...back to 512kps...really you can't do better than this...shouldn't take hour or more for just a small update...also why can you give how much the update download going to be...

Probably just you.

I've got some sort of ancient crappy rural internet and it downloads at a decent speed for me.

If you get "decent speed", you don't have "crappy rural internet".

Try a consistent 170KB/s on "DSL". That's on two mmos, SWTOR and ESO.

Unless I switch to satellite, then I get around 2MB/s with real limited allowed downloads,goes to phone modem speed if limit exceeded. So works for SWTOR, but not so much for ESO. :sul_frown:

When I was with iinet here in Australia using non bitraider launcher average patch speed was 400 kb/s on a 100/40 fibre, I have moved and now with Telstra , average download speed patching is now 10mb/s :D Edited by OwenBrooks

Probably just you.

I've got some sort of ancient crappy rural internet and it downloads at a decent speed for me.

This, so far no patch has taken more than 30mins for me, most far far less than that. as in about 10mins

Sorry OP but this is not the patch, its either

A. your P.C or

B. your internet provider.

If it was the patch itself, then everyone would have the same issue.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

You can get rid of bitraider and still be able to use the game?

Well, you'll have to re-download everything (around 30 GB), but that's only once. A decent ADSL connection should be able to download it overnight or during the workday. After it's done, subsequent patches will be much, much faster.

512kps...1020kps...back to 512kps...really you can't do better than this...shouldn't take hour or more for just a small update...also why can you give how much the update download going to be...
Its called "Bitraider" I have no ideal why BW is still using this crap but this is the main reason a lot of us removed it,,,,, It slows down you game from patching, now I'm no techie but what I have read is its way better without having it and I personally can say its worth the re-download to get rid of this crap,,,,, Just do a search on the forums and you will fine plenty of threads about how to remove "Bitraider" ...

Well, you'll have to re-download everything (around 30 GB), but that's only once. A decent ADSL connection should be able to download it overnight or during the workday. After it's done, subsequent patches will be much, much faster.

Oh screw that. 30GB will take a couple days on my end.

You either have a problem with your ISP, your computer, or your router. Something is blocking bitraider from running well on your end, and it could be a number of things. That is why these things are so hard to figure out, there are multiple points of blockage that have to be looked at.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.