The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can they stop botching crafting already?

Gwawl

It is hard to believe as many that were around the first couple of months that the powers to be would see the flock leave and not react.

This latest return (3 Months ago) had me interested in many things. But on one hand it is said they are improving crafting they still do things that seemingly prevent any improvement.

1.) Let Crafters post their trees in conversation. This is done in pretty much everywhere else in the gaming universe. How are people going to know what one realistically has? What should be a bigger part of the game economy is not being handled.

2.) When you devalue (Dumb-Down) aspects of Crafting you are hurting all that was done to invest into their Crafting. Adaptable Armor from the Cartel I understand. But to have everything Adaptable now while not doing the same with the previous available items be bound to classes while new are not. This just another bullet by the designers for one to avoid crafting.

3.) A simple solution for the above is having some minor negatives is wearing wrong class items i.e. Smuggler wearing Heavy lose Alacrity and so on. Does not even need to large of a penalty.

4.) Want crafters to feel better about crating offer achievements and titles that merit some distinction.

5.) Taste is hard be quantified. My first notice was the marketing art was now so sub-par compared to the games release. Now a few months later the Marketing art looks more like a "comic book parody" then being immersed into the SW universe. For my eyes I am limiting my subscription to see where this is going, but this does not bode well for my taste. You know the clothing is not looking like the movies or offering styles of many choices.

6.) How did the Producers so misjudged their prospective subscriber base back then? Instead of providing tidbits for older players the game was made into alienating that what should have been the subscription core. Older players tend to stay much longer as they develop game relationships which last and willing to pay a subscription to a game offering comfort. Older players are far less game of the week jumpers.

7.) How about a little more information like saying we already know that schematic when looking through the GTN. I have already experienced a couple of bugs that lit like they were needed and vice-versa.

8.) the above bit of information can also be helpful about reverse-engineering when one is considering an item. Whatever is the magic formulate you deem I wish I could figure it out. There seems to be a mystery in providing in-game information.

9.) Getting back to fashion what is this heinous ideal of having a cape length cloth d****** down the front. It look ridiculous as it seems to be applied to the new clothing sets. Well no thank you I will work with the older patterns instead.

10.) Want subscribers? How about a weekly schematic gift of one of the old patterns. There are so many not seen anymore.

11.) Go back and use the SW naming convention to provide authenticity for the SW fans.

12.) Maybe the designers need to take note that this is suppose to be the Star Wars universe. As time is passing it seems to becoming a generic science-fiction game. Take steps to draw in the Fanboys and girls.

There are many other ideas so I present a few about the botched concept of crafting