Dread Master Strength Order?

Slowpokeking

Double post, but its worth noting that the 6 we think of aren't the only Dread Masters to consider.

The Crest of the Dread Master belonged to an ancient, unknown Dread Master. My pet theory for this is that the Dreadful and Hateful Entities are previous Dread Masters in the same nebulous state that the Emperor goes into when killed. That's why the DMs chose to Asation's hypergate to release the Terror from Beyond, and why Styrak chose Darvannis to host the crime convention. The DMs get stronger when they're near each other, so operating near a nebulous Dread Master likely acts as a source of power for them. Its also why the Dread guard masks prevent them from destroying you outright.

The Lord of Agony also has a unique mask on Belsavis. Note that Gate Commander Draxus didn't even have one as ornate as this one. Its possible Lord of Agony was being considered as a replacement for Kephess, or even as a new Dread Master before we punched him in the face.

Going by the codex, Bestia is the strongest. Whether that means overall force potential (my interpretation), physical strength, or lightsaber skill is up to debate. Its likely given Bestia's limited lightsaber abilities that she's simply so strong that she never had to learn how to fight. Keep in mind that on Nightmare, her force push is so strong, it insta-kills you if you hit a wall.

As for Brontes' madness in DF, remember that anything we see after SnV isn't reflective of their actual intellect. Styrak's death had driven them to madness and they were making mistakes. Lord Hargrev and his apprentices were also assaulting their minds via the Force. We never fought the Masters at full power. Its likely Brontes grafted those arms onto her back AFTER SnV, as she isn't seen with them in previous cutscenes.

Going by canon sources, we can probably assume the order is: Bestia, Raptus, Tyrans/Brontes, Calphayus/Styrak. Tyrans and Brontes share a space since they don't have the feats that the others do in the codex. Calph and Styrak are at the bottom since Styrak breaks from the group to go do his own thing like an idiot, and if Calphayus is so good at predicting the future, how did he let Master Kaedan sneak up on them?

You had one job, Calphayus!

I think Bestia's strongest means physical strength, in both her lone encounter and the council fight, she was pretty good at lightsaber fight.

I think Brontes' madness in DF was mostly an "act" to scare you, even after Styrak's death, she didn't speak like that during the Oricon storylines.

A friend of mine and I were discussing the capture of the Dread Masters by Kaedan and how such powerful Sith could have been captured, especially when one of them is a prophet. Their theory is that the Masters were in meditation and caught off-guard.

As for Calphayus not foreseeing the ambush, we don't know all about his visions. It sounds from his codex entry that he gets them randomly, at least that's how I understand it. He may not get visions for every single thing that happens.

A friend of mine and I were discussing the capture of the Dread Masters by Kaedan and how such powerful Sith could have been captured, especially when one of them is a prophet. Their theory is that the Masters were in meditation and caught off-guard.

As for Calphayus not foreseeing the ambush, we don't know all about his visions. It sounds from his codex entry that he gets them randomly, at least that's how I understand it. He may not get visions for every single thing that happens.

I had a similar discussion with my friends, and 2 theories came up.

The first theory is that Kaedan didn't so much walk in and solo all 6 of them as he did surround their little shuttle with a Republic Fleet and leave them with no choice but to surrender.

The second, more interesting idea is that Calphayus knew exactly what was going to happen from start to finish. He lost himself, his wife, and his sanity to the Dread Masters. If they get captured, it just means Calph gets freed later by the Imperials. Then it all leads to their defeat on Oricon, where he's finally freed from the Dread Masters, and either redeemed (light side) or released from his torment (dark side). The key point behind this theory is that Raptus, when killed says "at last...." with relief, and Bestia's last words are "death, I feel it...." with a hint of euphoria. Being a Dread Master sucks, and this was perhaps Calphayus playing the long game to finally escape.

Vision doesn't prove to be true always. Like Scourge.

I had a similar discussion with my friends, and 2 theories came up.

The first theory is that Kaedan didn't so much walk in and solo all 6 of them as he did surround their little shuttle with a Republic Fleet and leave them with no choice but to surrender.

The second, more interesting idea is that Calphayus knew exactly what was going to happen from start to finish. He lost himself, his wife, and his sanity to the Dread Masters. If they get captured, it just means Calph gets freed later by the Imperials. Then it all leads to their defeat on Oricon, where he's finally freed from the Dread Masters, and either redeemed (light side) or released from his torment (dark side). The key point behind this theory is that Raptus, when killed says "at last...." with relief, and Bestia's last words are "death, I feel it...." with a hint of euphoria. Being a Dread Master sucks, and this was perhaps Calphayus playing the long game to finally escape.

Well, that hurts. :)