Strange reward for a class mission for a trooper on Ord Mantel

Jedi_riches

OK so I can't say for certain this is a mistake, though it does seem odd. During my troopers class mission on Ord Mantel I completed the class mission Manett Point when I turned it in I got the following rewards:

1)1 credit box

2) 2 common data crystals

3) Fancy gold necklase - this is the odd one its a grey item that can only be sold to a vendor it has no other use, I just get the feeling that this reward was supposed to be something else.

Appears to have been a green class belt:

Reference: http://guides.gamepressure.com/starwarstheoldrepublic/guide.asp?ID=13858

Rewards all the way at the bottom.

item: http://swtor.gamepedia.com/Republic_Trooper's_Belt

Says it's a level 6 item. Are you overleveled? If so, may have substituted the gray item instead. One of the "features" of the recent patching is that drops are supposed to be more in tun to your level and maybe the game couldn't select in that range. (Which would be strange but doable.)

OK so I can't say for certain this is a mistake, though it does seem odd. During my troopers class mission on Ord Mantel I completed the class mission Manett Point when I turned it in I got the following rewards:

1)1 credit box

2) 2 common data crystals

3) Fancy gold necklase - this is the odd one its a grey item that can only be sold to a vendor it has no other use, I just get the feeling that this reward was supposed to be something else.

Nothing wrong in that reward.

Not every class mission drops a class related ( green ) armor or weapon, in fact large number of class missions, and story missions DO give credit boxes, companion gifts ( important with the new companion system), AND data crystals, which is basically just the old Basic Commendatios that have changed name.

The COMMON ( or green ) Datacrystals is btw one of the most valuable thing in the game, due to the fact you can buy fairly cheaply, companion gifts.....which again is important now.

SO relax about the rewards, you really only need weapons and gear every now and then. I did 3 planets with not a single upgrade on armor. I used a lightsaber and armor set from collection with no added modifications at all. Healing mode on companions is more then strong enough for that.

So things have changed a great deal here, and the reward you describe, is a very good one with how the game is now

Not every class mission drops a class related ( green ) armor or weapon, in fact large number of class missions, and story missions DO give credit boxes, companion gifts ( important with the new companion system), AND data crystals, which is basically just the old Basic Commendatios that have changed name.

The COMMON ( or green ) Datacrystals is btw one of the most valuable thing in the game, due to the fact you can buy fairly cheaply, companion gifts.....which again is important now.

SO relax about the rewards, you really only need weapons and gear every now and then. I did 3 planets with not a single upgrade on armor. I used a lightsaber and armor set from collection with no added modifications at all. Healing mode on companions is more then strong enough for that.

So things have changed a great deal here, and the reward you describe, is a very good one with how the game is now

No mission reward should include a gray quality item, period. Gray quality items are mob loot / vendor trash, not quest rewards, so for a gray item to show up as a quest reward indicates something is bugged.

Edited by PiiTarr
correction

As I said, I was fine with the first 2 rewards of comms and credit box, it just felt that there should have been something else in place of the gray item. Oh that gray item sold for 5 credits so its not even worth including as a class mission reward so it must have been something else such as a green piece of gear.

While I don't have issues gearing (because I get gear from heroics) none subs would more rely on this gear to level.

A bug, is a bug at the end of the day and it will never get 'fixed' if no one mentions it.

Says it's a level 6 item. Are you overleveled? If so, may have substituted the gray item instead. One of the "features" of the recent patching is that drops are supposed to be more in tun to your level and maybe the game couldn't select in that range. (Which would be strange but doable.)

I was overlevelled but I got gear rewards from other missions, I think that the 'mission rewards' drop the same gear its only the open world loot that scales.

Edited by Jedi_riches