Patching needs to repair # files.

gamejockey

I got this message and the message had an embedded link. So I clicked the embedded ink to fix the errors. It kept freezing during the process. Why didn't they tell me to click the Gear button to repair? Why is there an embedded link if we can't use it. It's been 4 1/2 hour and I'm still not in game. I'm so tired of spending hours figuring out how to fix the patcher so I can play. Can't they just fix it?

I got rid of the bitraider because of all the drama it caused. Everything was fine until this patch.

I'm so ready to find a new game to play! :mad:

Gear button was on the old launcher , there is no gear launcher on the new launcher, it is on the pull down menu after login now in settings

if this is stuck in a repair loop , you are best re-downloading the assets by deleting the asset folder i'm afraid. this will take a while as it is most of the game.

It also sounds like you have the old launcher if your using the cog button, If so Run this repair utility here however check the launcher.setting file after to ensure it stays on SSN

If you have room keep a backup of the asset folder so if this re-occurs you can copy back over and try the patch again

Edited by OwenBrooks

I finally gave up at 6pm and started to reinstall the game over the old one. I had reverted to the old non-bitraider version due to the drama the bitraider was causing. If this doesn't fix it I will delete the Assets folder and patch again.

Unfortunately I forgot to move the repair file into the swtor file so it all is in my download folder. Here goes another 3 hour of patching. I copied and pasted the assets file to try and speed this up. Wish me luck.

It seems that 4.2 doesn't like the non streaming launcher. Hope the streaming drama is fixed.

Thx :(