Chapter XI forced autostart

DmdShiva

I had been doing heroics on one of my characters for the Alliance crates, then went to turn them in, opening the companion window, selecting Sana-Rae, then clicking on 'travel to contact'. When the travel completed, Chapter XI autostarted. Not wanting to do Chapter XI now, I exited the intro cutscene, and was placed outside the War Room instance on Odessen. Entering the instance, the Chapter XI intro cutscene started again. I exited the cutscene a second time, then traveled to a stronghold and to the character's ship, hoping that exiting the ship and appearing over at the ship landing out behind Beywan's hangar would allow me to get in and turn in my crates; I was dropped on the landing platform between the two mission domes, outside the cantina -- and outside the War Room.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that I would be able to continue doing the non-chapter activities in KotFE instead of being forced to proceed with the chapter content before I can do anything else; having no way to avoid starting the chapter in order to continue with other actions seems like a bad design decision to me.

You can just let the cutscene play out and then go back once its over.

Then when you're ready to do it for real, you can either pick up on Zakuul or reset the quest and start over on Odessen.

Edited by Rankyn

It's not that there wasn't a "workaround", but I wanted to turn in the crates and log out, and go through Chapter XI in one continuous run at another time, and instead I'm being forced to go through the cutscene, finish what I'd originally planned, and then pick the chapter up again later, when this was not announced as a restriction in any of the update documentation.

I am having the same problem. It launches chapter XI anytime you enter the war room instance either by walking in or transporting to any of the characters. This is very annoying. Finishing a Star Fortress Heroic run and attempting to travel to the character associated with that run also launches chapter XI. It would be nice if someone from Bioware would, at the very least, acknowledge this bug. Some kind of verbal pacification would be appreciated. Yes, we can work around this issue but we should not have too.

doesn't sound like a bug to me..it sounds more like hk gated, new mats gated, odessen gated..

I am not familiar with (gated) terminology. I can surmise from the wording but even so it would not seem practical to force a player into a chapter before they are ready to start that chapter. Why would the game force someone to start chapter XI before they had finished chapter X if it were not a bug?

I am not familiar with (gated) terminology. I can surmise from the wording but even so it would not seem practical to force a player into a chapter before they are ready to start that chapter. Why would the game force someone to start chapter XI before they had finished chapter X if it were not a bug?

Gated = content blocked behind the completion of other content (must complete A and B to proceed to C). Examples: HK-51's alert Arma Rasa is gated behind completion of To Find a Findsman, or the star fortress alert missions are gated behind doing the solo version for Miot.

In this case, Chapter XI should be gated behind Chapter X completion, but it's not (from what's being said). So yeah, it's a bug. Probably carried over from the fiasco that was Chapter X and the problems they had with people not being able to complete it. I expect something like this will continue until August with each new chapter.

Gated = content blocked behind the completion of other content (must complete A and B to proceed to C). Examples: HK-51's alert Arma Rasa is gated behind completion of To Find a Findsman, or the star fortress alert missions are gated behind doing the solo version for Miot.

In this case, Chapter XI should be gated behind Chapter X completion, but it's not (from what's being said). So yeah, it's a bug. Probably carried over from the fiasco that was Chapter X and the problems they had with people not being able to complete it. I expect something like this will continue until August with each new chapter.

Thank you. That makes perfect sense. So, even the gated content gives one the choice to continue with the mission or not. This issue does not give you a choice. You attempt to, let's say, turn in a crate but instead you are directed to the start of chapter XI. Again, thank you the information was most helpful.

I did Chapter X last night, entering the alliance base before that did not trigger Chapter XI.

But the second the last cutscene of Chapter X was finished, Chapter XI auto-started, because I was in the alliance base. Which is annoying.

And surely NOT working as intended. So a fix would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue .. I have 6 level 65's on just one server... none of them can turn in crates..

they cant get at the alliance comanders because chapter 11 or 12 will auto start...

i also cant get at the holo thing in the comaders quarters to claim rewards.. because chapters auto start instead.

I DONT WANT TO RUN ALL THESE CHAPTERS NON STOP!!!!!!

all i want to do is turn in crates....to increase the alliance... I'd be more then happy to hack game code to stop this auto start if i knew what to do..

why should i be force to run all these chapters non stop?? I just want to turn in crates.. Now I can see absolutely no reason to do heroics.. I cant turn in the crates so why do them. What is the point of preventing people from increasing the alliance when increasing the alliance is what they are supposed to be doing..