Insta-60 Character Loses Abilities in KotFE

HighInquisitor

I have 2 Insta-60 token characters and when starting KotFE CH. 1, they lose all of their higher level abilities and only have the abilities of a level 1 character. Even if I run other stuff to boost their level to 62/63 and start KotFE they only have their level 1 abilities. Is this a known bug?

I have 2 Insta-60 token characters and when starting KotFE CH. 1, they lose all of their higher level abilities and only have the abilities of a level 1 character. Even if I run other stuff to boost their level to 62/63 and start KotFE they only have their level 1 abilities. Is this a known bug?

Per the Chapter 1 tutorial and my experience, you lose your abilities at the start of the chapter and regain them as you progress in said chapter. Solution would be to hold off on starting KotFE or finish chapter 1 to get your abilities. It would appear this feature is to keep from overwhelming new players unfamiliar with the class with so many abilities, though how effective it really is in this regard is probably debatable.

Search would've solved this for you. But what it boils down to is your lack of reading pop-ups. Remember when your character first loaded and you got the little social message that you didn't read and just clicked the little check-mark? That put you in tutorial mode. Had you read it, you would know this. And if you are already an experienced player, you would've clicked the red X, bypassing the tutorial mode.

Since you're finally taking time to read, hit escape, and on the little menu click Disable Tutorial. You'll get your abilities back.

It's not a bug. It's a lack of reading fundamentals on your part. :rolleyes:

Search would've solved this for you. But what it boils down to is your lack of reading pop-ups. Remember when your character first loaded and you got the little social message that you didn't read and just clicked the little check-mark? That put you in tutorial mode. Had you read it, you would know this. And if you are already an experienced player, you would've clicked the red X, bypassing the tutorial mode.

Since you're finally taking time to read, hit escape, and on the little menu click Disable Tutorial. You'll get your abilities back.

It's not a bug. It's a lack of reading fundamentals on your part. :rolleyes:

You know you could of just said "hit escape and disable tutorial" no need for all the arrogance

You know you could of just said "hit escape and disable tutorial" no need for all the arrogance

It's not arrogance. It's people not reading. This is like the "umpteenth" thread about this. It's like when someone links something in chat and asks what it's for, or where to use it, and 99% of the time the answer comes from hovering the item and reading the tool tip.

Just because you (in general) fail to read something, doesn't make it a bug because it's not what you (again in general) expected.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

It's not arrogance. It's people not reading. This is like the "umpteenth" thread about this. It's like when someone links something in chat and asks what it's for, or where to use it, and 99% of the time the answer comes from hovering the item and reading the tool tip.

Just because you (in general) fail to read something, doesn't make it a bug because it's not what you (again in general) expected.

How did I fail to read anything? I never said it was a bug , just called into question your extremely poor attitude against fellow gamers.

You have no idea of the OPs circumstances, they could be partially sighted for all you know, so drop the attitude :)

How did I fail to read anything? I never said it was a bug , just called into question your extremely poor attitude against fellow gamers.

You have no idea of the OPs circumstances, they could be partially sighted for all you know, so drop the attitude :)

If anyone here has an attitude it's you. I said "You (in general)." Not "You (specifically)." So yes, you (specifically) failed reading comprehension in this case. Also, I don't have a poor attitude against fellow gamers. I have a poor attitude towards those that refuse to read something and then complain about it like it's someone else's fault, when the fault lies with them.

If anyone here has an attitude it's you. I said "You (in general)." Not "You (specifically)." So yes, you (specifically) failed reading comprehension in this case. Also, I don't have a poor attitude against fellow gamers. I have a poor attitude towards those that refuse to read something and then complain about it like it's someone else's fault, when the fault lies with them.

You do realise it's not me who said its a bug right? Your wording seems to state otherwise

I wish you all the best I truly do, but I won't lower myself to dealing with someone with such a toxic attitude

Have a good day :) :) :cool::p

You do realise it's not me who said its a bug right? Your wording seems to state otherwise

I wish you all the best I truly do, but I won't lower myself to dealing with someone with such a toxic attitude

Have a good day :) :) :cool::p

Again, you failed to comprehend what I said. I never said YOU - nanamaryjj - said it was a bug. I never said YOU - nanamaryjj - specifically, in my response to your first post. The meaning of that statement, since you failed miserably in your comprehension of the sentence, is that people don't read. Yet you, in your vanity (thinking that it's all about you), flame me for your own shortcomings.

If you feel my attitude is toxic, it's because of people like you, yes you specifically this time. Because you see what you want to see (hear what you want to hear). I won't stand idly by and be accused of arrogance and a bad attitude by someone who is too ignorant to understand what's being said. You remind me of Koth. It's like talking to a brick wall.:rolleyes:

Thank god for ignore list, enjoy your stay

And a typical childish response, equivalent of covering one's ears and yelling "Lalalalalalalala" at the top of one's voice. :rolleyes:

To the OP, if you're even bothering to follow this: I admit I chastised you a bit in my first response. It was meant to show you what you did wrong in a way to prevent it from happening again. Happy gaming.

As someone who has worked CS, I'm going to say the tone was warranted.

Somebody took the time to write down the tooltip. Have some respect for other people's time and make an effort to read it. It is seriously not okay not to RTFM and then complain that stuff doesn't work. That is a toxic attitude, not calling people on their laziness.