Problem with 4.2a patch

Ranwen

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having problems with this small patch? I installed 4.2 patch just fine and it worked but when I logged in yesterday the 4.2a patch started dowloading and then reported error in 5 files. After clicking repair, it went on for seven hours before the launcher just froze. Today I have tried again, it has been six hours and nothing. Again, is anyone else having these issues?

last night I launched SWTOR and the launcher started downloading the new patch (4.2a) and everything was going smooth until it started installing game client 197, the launcher is stuck installing at 42% so far I could'nt find any fix :/ and I dont feel like re-downloading the entire game again either.

You could try to delete the BitRaider folder in your SWTOR directory. That forces a repair and fixed a lot of problem for me in the past. (Make sure to close the Launcher before you do that)

The best thing to do would be to disable BitRaider completely - but that would require a complete redownload of the game. Remember to make Backups of your modified Interface files! (I always forget that)

Edited by Focusangel

If switching to non streaming ( which is an initial new game download ) I would follow this guide here , main difference is to avoid folder bloat unless using an extra minimum 20Gb isnt an issue

Backing up UIs shouldn't be required as they shouldn't be replaced by swicthing, but if you want to back them up

Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time

Copy the following in to the text box and press ok

%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

Make a copy of the GUIProfile folder and paste back to the same location if needed

Edited by OwenBrooks