The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Credit Cap increase unlocks

I saw that preferred players on swtor get a nice cap at about 350 K, granted its better than f2p 250 K but it's to low to make steady financial savings,

Increasing it to 500K for free would make alot of preferred players happy but its probably an even better idea to put unlocks for credit caps on the cartel market and just have it work like the inventory unlocks. I know there's escrow unlocks but swtor would make more money if they charged more for permanent cap increases than they would for one time increments.

this way everybody's happy

I will admit though that the raise cap unlock was the first thing I went after in STO.

As did I, and every other person I know who played, we all immediately unsubscribed, bought the unlock, yet still play FOUR YEARS later...

Bad idea to remove a major incentive to subscribe.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

As did I, and every other person I know who played, we all immediately unsubscribed, bought the unlock, yet still play FOUR YEARS later...

No, I gave up on that game when an employee over there used that anonymous admin account they use on the forums to send me a "Go f* yourself" email that went on at some length about what I did with my dead mother. And then refused to deal with the complaint. edit: I still have the screen cap in fact. had given some thought about emailing to see if they still allowed their employees to make such remarks.

Got to give Eric credit for that at least. he just /dev/nulls his emails when you're dealing with a bigoted employee. He doesn't email you back describing sexual acts.

Edited by dr_mike

No, I gave up on that game when an employee over there used that anonymous admin account they use on the forums to send me a "Go f* yourself" email that went on at some length about what I did with my dead mother. And then refused to deal with the complaint. edit: I still have the screen cap in fact. had given some thought about emailing to see if they still allowed their employees to make such remarks.

Got to give Eric credit for that at least. he just /dev/nulls his emails when you're dealing with a bigoted employee. He doesn't email you back describing sexual acts.

Wow, I am seriously glad I left that game two years ago and never looked back.

I see some good points with the people unsubscribing theory but I doubt the majority of subscribers subscribe just because of the credit cap.

maybe people can only buy the increments to a set point?

I just feel 100K is too short a gap from someone who is really f2p and someone whose put in a good amount of cash

I see some good points with the people unsubscribing theory but I doubt the majority of subscribers subscribe just because of the credit cap.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but I would unsubscribe If I could buy off the cred cap. Note that this is one of the few limits (maybe the only one?) not able to be bought off, so it seems to me BWEA feels keeping unlimited creds a sub-only perk is a good idea.

I just feel 100K is too short a gap from someone who is really f2p and someone whose put in a good amount of cash

If a Preferred player is continually putting in "a good amount of cash" rather than simply subscribing, even if only occasionally, they are a victim of their own foolishness.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but I would unsubscribe If I could buy off the cred cap. Note that this is one of the few limits (maybe the only one?) not able to be bought off, so it seems to me BWEA feels keeping unlimited creds a sub-only perk is a good idea.

You can't buy off (without subscribing) these other things:

* Reduced XP after level 20.

* No access to lockbox quest reward options.

* Reduced credits on some quest rewards.

* 25% markup on (some?) in-game for-credits vendor prices. (Noticeable when buying speeders for credits because they cost many thousands of credits. Doubly noticeable if you want the requires-Light V one available on Fleet, which costs 300K for subscribers, 375K for non-sub.)