The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Utility/Quality of life additions the CM should have

Diora

Most of these suggestions are *ahem* borrowed from other games with cash shops. Most of these stem from personal experience. For example, I have a ton of credits, but I'm short on CC, which leads to my first suggestion.

First and foremost, we need a way to trade credits for CC and vice versa. This could be done like it is in Rift (and sort of in WoW) with their REX. Basically, how it works is you can buy an item for real money ONLY that will go into your inventory, and is then tradeable to other players, via the trade window or the GTN. This item, when used, will then grant a set number of CC to the player's account. This allows people with tons of credits and/or time to farm (but maybe not a lot of real money) to get CCs to use in the CM, and it also allows people with less time, credits or luck (if they didn't win the pack lotto) to get credits quickly in a TOTALLY LEGIT, SANCTIONED way. Rift does this, and gold spammers have been virtually eliminated from that game.

The other way to do this is to set up a credit/CC exchange system, like they have in Neverwinter online or GW2. This is basically a separate market where players trade CCs for credits and vice versa, and it's set up like a rudimentary stock exchange, so the prices might fluctuate. Advantages of this include not having to develop an inventory item, and the ability to buy and sell varying quantities of the currencies. This, unfortunately, seems to do less to eliminate gold spammers than the REX method.

If neither of those are feasible, then for goodness sake, add an option to unlock Collections items using credits rather than CC. Everything else has this option... :(

"Instant 550" token for crew skills. I would buy this. i have a ton of unleveled crew skills, and new 60s coming in would definitely buy this. You could even sell a bundle containing the Insta-60 token and 3 of these things, and make a fortune.

Unlock additional task slot for crew skills. What I mean is, sell an unlock that will increase the number of companions you can send out on crew skill tasks by one. We have like 34905795712 companions now, more slots would give people an incentive to raise their affection...spending more time in game, etc.

Unlock additional crew skill on a character One at a time, of course, but it would certainly be nice to not have to switch around everytime I need slicing parts. This is less important, but might be nice to have.

Boost that increases data gem, warzone commendation, reputation, fleet comms, etc acquisition rate for a limited time. Sell me a potion that will give me 10% more reputation gains for 10 minutes, or 25% more comms for an hour.

*sigh* basically, just go open Rift's cash shop and copy/paste. they do such a good job.

A couple of points - they would never allow you to buy CC with in-game cash. Credits are far to easy to come by, especially with the heroics and their bonuses, and while it would be a nice QoL addition, it would be a very bad business decision to stop people paying real money for your currency. The same goes for making unlocks with in-game currency instead of CC - why would they bring in something that stops making them money?

As for buying in-game currency with CC, there have been many numerous complaints about the inflation in-game, with prices on the GTN rising along with the ease of getting credits. If there was an option to trade CC for credits, the GTN will just spiral out of control. To be able to compete with the gold sellers (to force them out of business), you'd have to have a comparable rate. I don't know what it's like on other servers, but on TRE I think it's about $1.5 per million credits. At that level, you would see an inflation similar to Zimbabwe.

Plus, this is a game, a chance for people to fantasise and role-play. If you really want to have a game where rich people have all the best gear, and poor people have crap, it's already out there - the graphics are great, but the endgame is fatal.

The level-60 token already gives you crew skills at 500 (I don't know if it upped to 550 with the recent changes, but if not, it's not hard to finish them off).

I like the thought of having more task slots for crew missions. It seems a bit weird that you would line up your crew in the morning and tell them the list of jobs for the day, then say "I have a lot more jobs you could do, but I'm only going to let 6 of you work at a time.":confused:

I'm not totally against the comms boost, but I'd prefer it if it was more like the Lotro way, where you earn "Destiny" points through questing, and can then spend them on bonuses. It would possibly be a good little money maker, but I like that CC/real money is mostly for cosmetic items, don't want another Pay-to-win argument. And you already get 10% reputation bonus with a large enough guild.

Edited by CrazyCT

A couple of points - they would never allow you to buy CC with in-game cash. Credits are far to easy to come by, especially with the heroics and their bonuses, and while it would be a nice QoL addition, it would be a very bad business decision to stop people paying real money for your currency. The same goes for making unlocks with in-game currency instead of CC - why would they bring in something that stops making them money?

At first glance,this argument seems legit,but if you look deeper, it's actually not. First,I think you VASTLY underestimate the laziness of players. Pay 10 bucks to get something to sell for 1m credits on the GTN? Sign me up! Second, this would actually BALANCE the economy. People who have credits spend credits. People who have real money but no time/desire to grind credits spend real money. It works like a charm in Rift, a game with a similar but better f2p model. I played that game both before and after they introduced the REX, and the economy actually improved. And NO gold spammers.

Heck, even WoW has something like this for game time, so those who have a ton of gold can spend it on a month of game time.

As for unlocks, they already let you unlock everything else with credits. stronghold rooms,legacy unlocks,etc. why not collections?

Slightly related

One thing I would like to see added, are items from older packs.

I don't mean add them the following month, but say six months after the pack has been removed, put the individual items from that pack on the CM

It would mean people wanting to complete collections could do so, and those who had it already would of had a six month start on its exclusivity

As I already said, it would have to compete with the gold sellers to be able to put them out of business, which is (on TRE anyway) about $1.50 for a million credits. That $10 would give you nearly 7 million creds. That's seven million extra credits in the game. If there's 500,000 players, and 20% of them do this, that works out at an extra 700 billion credits. An extra 700 billion credits a month entering the game would certainly not "BALANCE the economy".

As for unlocks, they already let you unlock everything else with credits. stronghold rooms,legacy unlocks,etc. why not collections?

'Cause they are making money from it? :confused:

Slightly related

One thing I would like to see added, are items from older packs.

I don't mean add them the following month, but say six months after the pack has been removed, put the individual items from that pack on the CM

It would mean people wanting to complete collections could do so, and those who had it already would of had a six month start on its exclusivity

I think that's some of the idea behind the Chance Cubes - it brings back some of the older stuff. I know I've picked up a few armour sets from the GTN that were from older sets for a reasonable sum, and since it was the GTN it didn't cost me any CC :D

I think that's some of the idea behind the Chance Cubes - it brings back some of the older stuff. I know I've picked up a few armour sets from the GTN that were from older sets for a reasonable sum, and since it was the GTN it didn't cost me any CC :D

Yeah I know, luckily got few bits from cubes, I meant though selling the individual items rather than a random chance

Six months after the crates removed from market :)

Yeah I know, luckily got few bits from cubes, I meant though selling the individual items rather than a random chance

Six months after the crates removed from market :)

You can get more then 3000 Cartel coin 100% free just by playing the game, even in f2p

you get 20 CC for every character class you get to advance past the start planet, this is 160 FREE coin. then as you advance further you get more free coin.

http://www.constantwarfare.com/swtorfree

This is a good layout of FREE Cartel coin rewars in the game

As a side note, IF you have the time and WANT the cartel coin for free, then the list is PR server.

Now direguard the language, the answers are the same.

so roll on other servers go for the CC rewards, they ADD UP on your account, then when you have them all or enough......go spend.

It will all in all be enough to buy a hypercrate and then some

Chance cubes have gotten alot of unwarrantet critique, especially since most were in a "get that lightsaber" frenzy.

Bring back old stuff, AND NEW is exatly what the chance cube does, though it is as the name suggests random, you can get anything "old" and NEW. I have seen people getting the lightsaber in a chance cube.

Chance cubes ROCK, they are also not insanely expensive

Edited by Yorioko
more text