Black screen after patching

Drakenaut

hey guys i could use some major help. after i patched the game yesterday and tried to launch, it got stuck on a black screen and i was unable to do anything and had to hard reset my computer just to go back to my home screen. and it still does this everytime i launch the game, is there any way to fix this or should i just reinstall the whole thing?

• 2 months later...

ive had the same issue witht his. cant play the game even though ive reinstalled it.

my spec's for my machine are:

i7 3770k.

Sabertooth z77 motherboard. (Latest bios on the mobo)

16Gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance pro

H60 Corsair Hydro Cooler

Sandisk extreme II 240gb ssd

GTX970 strix in a 2 way sli (Latest Driver From Nvidia)

WD 2TB HDD

Windows 10 (Latest updates)

i dont see a problem with my machines spec for this game as i can run anything on max settings.

ive had the same issue witht his. cant play the game even though ive reinstalled it.

my spec's for my machine are:

i7 3770k.

Sabertooth z77 motherboard. (Latest bios on the mobo)

16Gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance pro

H60 Corsair Hydro Cooler

Sandisk extreme II 240gb ssd

GTX970 strix in a 2 way sli (Latest Driver From Nvidia)

WD 2TB HDD

Windows 10 (Latest updates)

i dont see a problem with my machines spec for this game as i can run anything on max settings.

This link is a good starting point , black screen will be tied to the video driver or game settings

Put grass to 0 , disable SLI or run the game for compat mode for win 7 to see if it forces back to wddm 1.1, there is a known issue with Nvidia SLI setups and Windows 10 , see here

Edited by OwenBrooks

never had an issue with any game when I've had an sli setup. still happened on one card on my other rig. my drivers are fully up to date & not had ANY issues with this. I've even reverted back to an older driver & the S*$t still happens.

the issue started when my gunslinger got to belsavis. could only play for about 2 - 5 mins then the game would lag & crash with the game hanging. could not move or tab out to another program. only option was to reset my machine.

I left it for about a month with bio ware after loads of tickets. their response was we have moved your character off belsavis to resolve the issue. yet that does not bloody fix the f*^king issue. then the game starts this crap when i download the patch for the new chapter.

I have tested my hardware & it's definitely not my hardware.

only thing is the game it F&$k'ed, & bio ware cant be arsed to fix it.

i tried your fix & it seems to be working. S*%t you should be working for bio ware, maybe you can solve the problems that they seem incapable of solving.

many thanks

Edited by Vesash