The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Desert Mentor Robes? =D

arunav

The Exiled Master Set is fantastic. Thank you for putting these robes in the game.

I think a lot of players would appreciate the same set with the hood down. A tongue-in-cheek name has been suggested in the title, as Ben typically had his hood down when speaking with Luke in A New Hope.

Again, the new set is great, and it would be nice to see a hood down version as well.

Texturing on the Exiled Master set is fenomenal, no issues here.

I do, however, have some issues with this set.

1. Yet another Jedi piece with a forced hood up. Lots of us are getting tired of it!

2. Conal leg dress instead of a long tunic / pants with lower part of tunic. It glitches and clips A LOT and doesn't look well with weapons drawn. There are no pants that fit the chest piece at all.

1. Yet another Jedi piece with a forced hood up. Lots of us are getting tired of it!

2. Conal leg dress instead of a long tunic / pants with lower part of tunic. It glitches and clips A LOT and doesn't look well with weapons drawn. There are no pants that fit the chest piece at all.

Veda cloth greaves match it pretty well.

This sums up my final request. With the hood down, a small collar (like the Humble hero collar) would complete the look as well, but not necessary.

KOTOR 2 robes here we come!

1. I have no problem getting my hood down, don't care one way or another. Please don't 'us' when you mean 'you.' It detracts from and weakens your entire argument.

2. I like the robes. However, Relnex's pants are a very acceptable match in my opinion. Would be better if the top ended a little lower, but hey. Nothing is perfect.

I love this set! Yet another outfit that lets me look like a Jedi.

1. I have no problem getting my hood down, don't care one way or another. Please don't 'us' when you mean 'you.' It detracts from and weakens your entire argument.

2. I like the robes. However, Relnex's pants are a very acceptable match in my opinion. Would be better if the top ended a little lower, but hey. Nothing is perfect.

1. The thing is that without the hood up there is NO hood at all. It'd be nice if it had the hood on the back (Relnex's) would be a good model.

2. With the lower armor piece the tunic looks tucked into the pants, much unlike

http://m.imgur.com/9ha8ELu?r

He used the phrase 'lots of us". That explicitly refers to a subset of "us". And no, he didn't mean just him. There really are lots of people who would prefer a hood-down version since there is still no hood-toggle.

Whenever anyone uses this argument, it show how shallow their point of view is & their desire to either be intentionally argumentative or a blind supporter of BW. The OP & many others (hereafter known as "US") are very happy with the Exiled Master set, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be improved. The OP is making a very reasonable suggestion that could be executed fairly easily.

Whenever anyone uses this argument, it show how shallow their point of view is & their desire to either be intentionally argumentative or a blind supporter of BW. The OP & many others (hereafter known as "US") are very happy with the Exiled Master set, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be improved. The OP is making a very reasonable suggestion that could be executed fairly easily.

As opposed to being what, unintentionally argumentative? I'm not part of the us or the lot the OP mentioned, so I pointed it out. Please tell me how I was supposed to express that without being argumentative? Or are you going to do that thing where only people who agree with you and the OP should ever post in a thread, and anyone who dares to have their own opinion should just curl up and go away instead of bothering to make their voice heard?

Sorry, OP, if this derails your thread, but it is just fashion. It is by definition shallow and prone to attracting people with opinions. Sometimes they are different opinions, even. I thought it was worth the effort of pointing out that some people might have a different opinion, however I did not (for some bizarre, ridiculous reason, probably having to do with how slow I am at remembering how this forum is) expect to have everyone jump down my throat for pointing out something I thought was a simple correction. If it lacked politeness, at least it wasn't deceptive or arrogant.

Incidentally, a simple search of the forum history would have shown that this request has been brought up numerous times and has yet to be implemented on any wide scale. There is one legacy set in the game that has a distinct hood up and hood down version, and also comes in two different color sets, but there are no cartel market sets with this design. Either it is not as simple as all the armchair designers here think it is, or they have a compelling (possibly financial) reason not to do it.

At any rate, your 'lots of us' win and you can have your thread back now without any risk of dissenting opinion. Sorry for intruding on your special circle.