The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Comments On Ongoing Game Glitches

Titanstroke

All, just finished up with another round of going back and forth with the help desk at STWOR and once again it took me in a complete circle back to where they are not going to do anything due to glitches in the game. The ones that I am talking about are the Voss Weekly which hasn't been updating and allowing turn ins since October of 2015 and the Weekly HM where you successfully complete three HM flashpoints and you get awards as well as Conquest points, which has now been screwed up for months.

The standard way that it goes is that you place a ticket and you are contacted as they close it to say that they need additional information. You open up another ticket and give them the information that they requested on the now closed ticket and they look at it and say that it is a bug and close the ticket and tell you to report it as a bug. When you do that they thank you for reporting it but still you don't get anywhere as far as progression, credits, or Conquest points that are now forfeit because of programming errors in the game.

The goal in the game is to gear up toons, help your guild and yourself through Conquest point accumulation, and build up credits to allow you to play at the higher levesl. All of these goals are circumvented by the indifference that EA and Bioware is showing to fixing ongoing issues. IE you can directly leave advancement and gameplay issues at their doorstep, however they would like you to continue playing and paying for a game that apparently they are not willing to go in and fix hoping that you are willing to put up with it.

The above two are only examples, right now I have the logs from PvP matches where it is obvious that someone is introducing the old Lag Cheat. I monitor my frame rate and IP connection and when suddenly you get into a PvP warzone and it goes off of the charts when it hasn't before then it is obvious that you have someone playing around with the game. Since multiple tickets to SWTOR don't seem to have them wanting to do anything I have transmitted the data over to the FTC and my Internet Provider which will probably also not do anything but it might get the IP addresses of the folks who are doing it into some trouble. Again what does it matter except it means that you are taking a lot longer to get through the PvP section of gearing your toons and getting a possible win that counts as two towards the weekly which does both gearing from the points and helps with Guild Conquest goals.

From a game example if you don't have meters up and running when you see a player who doesn't have the ability to immediately pull himself back to a point disappear only to show back up fully healed and with all of his abilities off of cooldown to kill you, guess what someone on that side is probably cheating with a lag cheat or something similar. To answer some of the people who are going to say they are just that good, four characters in full PvP gear firing at someone who doesn't have the impenetrable shield up and is their main healer and their health doesn't drop probably means that there is something fishy going on there. Especially when you are guarding something and no one has come around and suddenly there is a bomb on the door, again guess what it is probably not you falling asleep. Look at the game log when one side who is decently geared has no kills and the other side has a ton there is something nuts going on. Even in a game where one side is PvP geared and one side isn't and it is fair you will see some kills because most of the people I PvP with mark up healers and we go after them with a vengeance.

Why the post, it is just to serve notice that yes it is being seen by the customer base and the customer base is from what I hear both tired of it and are moving on. Not only that the comments being stated on Guild blogs and other gaming blogs is never again will they trust EA or Bioware, which is a shame this was a really nice game before it was given up on by the developers.