Cannot install 4.2 files need fixing?

Lord-Nevets

Trend Micro is usually pretty good so would be surprised if it is causing issues

Doesnt hurt to ensure launcher.exe is in the exception list though

If you right mouse click on the game shortcut and select properties , go to the compatability tab and down the bottom , tick , run as administrator then click on ok

start the launcher and see if it can get past this now

Have you rebooted the PC recently to clear stuff

Edited by OwenBrooks

Definately being a PITA

Is this WIndows 10 ? it maybe a folder permission error but will get to this

Press the Windows Key and type msconfig and press enter

now a program will appear , on the initial screen tick on selective startup then

untick load startup items

then go to the services tab and on the bottom left is a tick box to hide all microsoft services (tick it) then click on disable all and click on ok

Reboot the computer and try again

follow above later and on that first screen tick normal boot and reboot to how you normally start the computer.

this may seem complicated but it is pretty easy

Edited by OwenBrooks

Given this install was hosed

Download http://www.swtor.com/download and simply run it over the top of that install first up

if that doesnt help

from there delete the entire swtor/bioware folder and then re-run the setup file but it will default to bitraider patching and there is 2 options , allow the bitraider patching to proceed and see if it works ok or stop the download and amend the launcher.settings file back to SSN patching again (your choice)

Edited by OwenBrooks

when I open the launcher it wont open..so I try again and it says only a single instance of this app can run.

I really don't want to delete that folder I fear it will truly screw things up royal

Edited by Lord-Nevets

when I open the launcher it wont open..so I try again and it says only a single instance of this app can run.

I really don't want to delete that folder I fear it will truly screw things up royal

The bulk of the game was in the asset folder that is already deleted there isnt much stopping deleting the rest and pretending you are installing the game fresh

deleted the whole bioware folder and now nothing happens when I click launcher

edit,

Used the utility tool you linked and it is installing its thing now..ei then it verified me and not it looks to be doing a big fat ole download of whatever...

Edited by Lord-Nevets

Ok this is going down hill

press windows key + x

select command prompt (admin)

in the black box type

net user testuser /add

press enter key

then type

net localgroup Administrators testuser /add

press enter

logoff from your current account and login to this newly created administrator account and see if the launcher works ok there

this test user can be deleted later when no longer needed

deleted the whole bioware folder and now nothing happens when I click launcher

edit,

Used the utility tool you linked and it is installing its thing now..ei then it verified me and not it looks to be doing a big fat ole download of whatever...

ok if it is now downloading after using the repair utility ignore the post above

This is what I did to solve all my corrupted files and have clean smooth running game, be advised that this is a complete download of the entire game.

....try not to get too frustrated and give it sometime good luck

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"

Change to:

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

and

, "bitraider_disable": false

Change to:

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher

I have the game running sort of, but now when I launch it has to "recongnise" data..a process that takes oven an hour

I am getting very tired of this and I want a dev to front up..

is there a way to fix this new error they caused? thanks

I gather this is re-organising data this is only seen when using Bitraider (Streaming launcher), Non Streaming does not get this issue.

Give this a try when the launcher is running

Follow this to open task manager and set affinity

set Launcher.exe and BRSptSvc.exe to only use the first two cores by Setting Affinity to CPU0 and CPU1 only

See if this stops the long process

I myself may not always see threads here in the General Forum so if get stuck post here and I should see it

Edited by OwenBrooks