Ashara's mission defiance is still broken but its in patch notes???

NakodaTheJedi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please have some attention from a Dev in regards to this? I have one character in-game as a new player. I've been waiting a month or more for this to be fixed so I can advance to KotFE. I'd love to progress but won't until this is fixed. Please at least update us? Most other games would hotfix issues like these to allow their paying customers to continue playing. Thank you.

amen to that its ******** its even been a month

This needs addressed badly

What they seem to be forgetting, that a player doing this quest, if they gave up and moved on to KOTFE, they are forever locked out from completing ashara and inquisitor companions overall achievements.

and that is the exact reason why i cannot go on without asharas mission i cant get the achievement or the boosts u get when u finish her story

and that is the exact reason why i cannot go on without asharas mission i cant get the achievement or the boosts u get when u finish her story

i got the achievements luckily via an alt that didnt romance her, but my newer inquis i refuse to move him on as i want that quest done lol

I did this years back on an alt so got the achievements. Then I re-rolled a new male SI but stopped at around lvl 40ish pre KOFTE for a few months (sporadic player). I don't remember if I ever got this quest or not before then, but since 4.0 I know for sure I never even got it (again, I may have done it a long while back). Have others who started pre-KOFTE but then resumed after noticed this (rare) issue?

I know I chose romance options back then though too, and tried to romance Ashara. And I remember her being cute and loving back then. Since starting 4.0 though she's been distant and cold. E.g. she mutters a frustrated "come on" every time she heals, she doesn't take courting gifts (known separate issue), and is short/curt with responses - so while this feels very much like marriage IRL ;) it's pretty immersion-breaking in game. It may sound persnickety to some, but I end up just not playing the game at all for several days/weeks at a time because of this...

But my question is, is there any way to tell if you already did the Defiance mission and if you're "married" in game? I don't want to start the KOFTE story (which I'm deliberately not doing) until I know this answer. This alt is now my "main" (GSF maxed, full Exhumed, etc.) but I don't feel like going on story wise until I know this (I'm big into RP - it's my "thing").

[quote name=Quote: Originally Posted by nanamaryjj View Post

This needs addressed badly

What they seem to be forgetting, that a player doing this quest, if they gave up and moved on to KOTFE, they are forever locked out from completing ashara and inquisitor companions overall achievements.[/quote]

I am also stuck (for about a month) not being able to move on to KoTFE for this same reason. Every week it is in patch notes as fixed. Every week I try to log on and complete the quest. Every week I am sending in bug reports which they have now started closing as duplicates or when i submit as a mission issue they close it and tell me to submit a bug report.

They simply don't care.

I am also stuck (for about a month) not being able to move on to KoTFE for this same reason. Every week it is in patch notes as fixed. Every week I try to log on and complete the quest. Every week I am sending in bug reports which they have now started closing as duplicates or when i submit as a mission issue they close it and tell me to submit a bug report.

They simply don't care.

dont worry your not alone, also submitted bug reports, and getting emails saying thanks but closed due to duplicate

Aaaaaaand AGAIN the bug still exists.

Aaaaaaand AGAIN it is in the patch notes as fixed ....

Sooo, a question .... What kind of morons do work there? The forums are not for writing crap while having a coffee (ok, they are for some, admitted ...), but the bug report section should be at least browsed now and then by someone that has anything to do with the dev team ...

Idiots like me that romanced Ashara are still stuck ... Really poor job peeps ... No wonder people leave the game ... Every patch means new bugs so players aren't bored by the old ones ... That doesn't make people pay the next subscription ...

If you put something on the patch notes, it better be real ... Otherwise you just look more and more ridiculous ...

Sooo, a question .... What kind of morons do work there? The forums are not for writing crap while having a coffee (ok, they are for some, admitted ...), but the bug report section should be at least browsed now and then by someone that has anything to do with the dev team ...

Idiots like me that romanced Ashara are still stuck ... Really poor job peeps ... No wonder people leave the game ... Every patch means new bugs so players aren't bored by the old ones ... That doesn't make people pay the next subscription ...

If you put something on the patch notes, it better be real ... Otherwise you just look more and more ridiculous ...

Ikr ?

How hard can It be ?

They have more important things to do... like... HK inspired D-I-L-D-O :rak_03:

Edited by PatrykJesionek

They don't test jack **** before they release a patch. Look at all the bugs in KOTFE. Most recently, the naked Jorgan was pretty embarrassing for them. Or it would be, if they gave a ****. They are definitely comfortable in the mental state of, "Meh, if it's broke, we can patch it... later..."

This is still broken and I am very close to cancelling my account as a result. I started this game two months ago and have yet to advance to KotFE while waiting for this to be "fixed". Two patches have come and gone stating they have fixed the issue but neither time has the issue been fixed. Figure something out to FIX the issue or my hypercrates and monthly fees will go to other games that maintain their products.

Agreed, it isn't like its a minor bug either, no quest complete, no legacy perk. Start KOTFE ,forever lose said legacy perk

Yep, but since this doesn't directly have anything to do with the $$$Cartel Market$$$$ they don't care. Still, with a bunch of "main" character inquisitors stuck indefinitely, unable to start KOTFE, I have a feeling they will lose subs, and thus, cartel market users, due to lack of customer service and stale content.

????? Where in the patch notes:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/3242016/4.2b-patch-notes

All it says is:

Nico Okarr can now be summoned as intended.

Where does it mention the ashara mission?????

Only thing I read was:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8871388#edit8871388

Hey folks,

Sorry for the late update on this! We are aware of the issue that some players are still seeing with "Defiance." QA is reviewing the issue, and when I get any indication of when it is being fixed, I'll let you all know!

-Tait

So did I miss something, is it in invisible text in the last patch notes?

Also they said:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8870534#edit8870534

This patch is only addressing Nico. Patch Notes will still be posted as a matter of record, but they won't include anything additional.

So I'm confused as to what you mean by "Aaaaaaand AGAIN it is in the patch notes as fixed ."

Edited by Nightblazer

It's in the 4.2 patch notes:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/382016/game-update-4.2-disavowed-patch-notes

But it didn't fix it for all SI. It appears that romanced Asharas are still bugged.

Yes that is from March 8th, not the 24th. The person I quoted said again it's in the patch notes. It's only been in the patch notes once, not more then that. so I'm trying to understand where he says its in the patch notes again. They never said it was only the nico bug. Was he expecting it to be and just upset that it wasn't or is there a different set of patch notes where it was stating it would be fixed even though BW said the patch was only for Nico.

Yep, but since this doesn't directly have anything to do with the $$$Cartel Market$$$$ they don't care. Still, with a bunch of "main" character inquisitors stuck indefinitely, unable to start KOTFE, I have a feeling they will lose subs, and thus, cartel market users, due to lack of customer service and stale content.

Sadly CM. Comps affected too

Treek doesn't gain quest influence anymore, and the slug companion is terribly scaled to like 1/4 of what it's damage and health should be :(

Edited due to auto correct changing **** to slu T

Edited by nanamaryjj