The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Expansion 4.2 is broken

Tolkyyn

So many problems and now it looks like Aric is supposed to be a companion to my character, but my character is alone in a swamp with a mission to talk to Aric who is NOT THERE. They game is broken. I can't even get my other companion out, Aric is wearing underwear when my character meets him. Did you guys even try this expansion before putting it out to us? Major disappointment and questioning why I'm subscribing to this.

Aric appears without clothing or gear. Your told to meet him at a new Vantage point ... upon which he Doesn't Show Up... and you cant pull another companion out so you get to die over and over and over if you engage the mobs ahead. The best part is.. if you try to report the bug... the bug reporter is BROKEN too!

Nothing is worse than looking forward to something you paid for only to be not worth the time it took to get.

Customer Service on the phone however.. is happy to grant you a Termination of the Game Services. So don't expect compensation for not getting what you paid for.

I simply do not understand why a game this big, with so many big companies and the "Star Wars" brand behind it is willing to put out an 'expansion" (and I use the word loosely) that is totally broken. Worse is that my Nicco character who my main put all his gifts into, will not come out. What does Nicco have to do with the expansion?

I hope they bring this down and fix this. I can live without a broken expansion, but I need my companion for other things. What a bummer.

So I reset the mission as Jorgan showed up in his underwear which bugged me and after I reset, the first conversation with Theron took ten minutes to load. Looks like I'm waiting for a few days until I can finally use my early access and complete the chapter without encountering problems. Oh wait did I say early access? Honestly I have been supporting Bioware up to now, I understand they are working with a bad game engine but COME ON GUYS! GET YOUR THINGS TOGETHER! :(

I did not have the Option to reset Mission. I logged out.. restarted game.. went back in.. still nothing worked.. still no option to reset. Again, bug report doesn't work either.

Make sure you are not inside a phase when you try to reset.

Edited by Alukah
mispronounce

I have post on bu reports on "lost" character on it.

Turns out once I launch the Chapter I AM back in odessen, and should be, and the dialogue With Theron begins to load..............and then it is stuck in load..................forever.

I can't reset, exit or nothing as I am in dialogue mode, so no gui LOL.

After a few restarts I must have timed out or something I was at least able to get mu character back, now also on odessen but not in the instance and I can relaunch, only for the same to happen.

I did notice ONE possible thing that couols cause this.

I had Theron shan as active Companion when launching, it should not matter mut on my other character I did not and then the start worked fine.

I did not have the Option to reset Mission. I logged out.. restarted game.. went back in.. still nothing worked.. still no option to reset. Again, bug report doesn't work either.

I did encounter this while still in the Chapter and able to play it.

My solution was to run back to the beginning of the swamp, all the way, to some speeder, qt point or what not, something With NPCs at least.

Then I basically opened the minimap and changed instance there, and THEN I coud reset the mission, but all my mission reset became automatically Chapter resets for some reason, but fair enough is a short one

As everyone else encountered the Jorgan underwear bug too witch led to him not following me to the vantage point. Went back to the fleet reset then play again from the beginning and all was fine. Overall a let down bug's + little content.

oh yes , this patch is all kinds of broken , i cant summon nico , i had the naked aric and then he wasnt in the swamp , i know a reset fixes it. then i dont get granted the mission to start makeb on my trooper after completing the main story line , and that is just the ones i have found. i returned in 4.1 and i thought it was great but now in 4.2 i am remembering why i left. Disgraceful from EAware , if a patch is not working then dont release it , its simple , and i am hearing we have to wait a month for a fix? are u joking? i will unsub and go play something else for a month in that case.