The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Queue issue presented and solved

shortnstocky

So, I have a small rant that I would like to share; all replies agreeing or disagreeing are heartily welcomed I am open minded and may learn a thing or two from you all.

There is nothing worse than going on queue for an OP or HMFP, the group being assembled, and one of the party members leaving in the middle of the campaign; no good bye, no I'm sorry, nothing. I believe if you made a conscience decision to put yourself in queue, and accepted the invitation that you should commit and follow through.

I understand things come up, yes there is a life beyond this game....which is why the system gives you a chance to decline the invitation. If you are playing, put yourself in queue, and accept the invitation you can spend 30 minutes grinning and bearing your regret for agreeing in the first place. I've done it, it's called mutual respect; ppl have been waiting for the queue to pop for who knows how long...and now must wait longer for a replacement. So yeah; no excuse for this behavior.

Let's face it there is one reason why we all go on queue, radiant crystals; we cannot earn them on an individual basis, we're stuck and must rely on others in a team effort to claim them.

Obviously players that quit in the middle of a queued campaign cannot appreciate the importance it is to collect said radiant crystals like the rest of the group; that being said there should be a one week queue quit penalty. A one week penalty prevents them from completing any queue weeklies, and perhaps will have them think twice before becoming a repeated offender.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

The majority of vets don't waste time running flashpoints or sm ops - the reward just isn't there anymore.

Radiants aren't of significant value - even the 216 op gear is better unless you're stacking HP for a tank and even then you still want set gear and would just be swapping mods, earpiece/implants.

They don't punish people for leaving warzones, and that's intentional.

SM ops are actually easier than they used to be but with the kotfe changes the player base average level of skill has declined. People don't learn what interrupts are or how to utilize them, what a rotation is and why it's important, and even fail to learn about not standing in stupid despite the area being marked.

There are lockouts and timers in place - sure they could see some improvement, but don't expect to solve q issues with one blanket solution - not only would it not be implemented, it wouldn't achieve the desired result.