Hammer Station solo?

ScorpioRG

Does Hammer Station have a solo mode with the droid? I picked up a quest somewhere to do the tactical version of it but rather enjoyed taking my time with solo mode Esseles and couldn't figure out how to do solo mode HS. I don't mind not doing the tactical quest I have right now, but it'd be neat to go through it for the story now on my own.

If it doesn't, could someone tell me which other flashpoints don't have solo modes?

There is no solo mode for Hammer station, the flashpoints that have a solo mode are as follows:-

- Essles (Republic)

- Black Talon (Empire)

- Taral V (Republic)

- Boarding Party (Empire)

- Maelstrom Prison (Republic)

- The Foundry (Empire)

- Directive 7

- Battle of Ilum (Both)

- The False Emperor (Both)

- Assault on Tython (Both)

- Korriban Incursion (Both)

- Manaan Research Facility (Both)

- Legacy of the Rakata (Both)

- Blood Hunt (Both)

- Battle of Rishi (Both)

Edited by Jedi_riches

It should (all FPs were given solo mode treatment except one (Colicoid War Games)). You would probably have to go to the start area click on the terminal and choose solo mode.

Not true, in 4.0 all FP's were converted to TACTICALS except Colicoid War Games, only the ones mentioned above were given an actual solo mode (unless I missed a important patch note somewhere).

Good to know, thanks. I'll just have to check out Hammer Station and others not listed as they come up in my occasional random Tactical.

At what level would some of these tactical flashpoints become soloable in the old school sense? 65? Or is it even doable at all? And are any Operations soloable? It'd be neat to see those down the road, but I don't know if anyone still runs the older ones.

Good to know, thanks. I'll just have to check out Hammer Station and others not listed as they come up in my occasional random Tactical.

At what level would some of these tactical flashpoints become soloable in the old school sense? 65? Or is it even doable at all? And are any Operations soloable? It'd be neat to see those down the road, but I don't know if anyone still runs the older ones.

Hammer station would be likely soloable at 65 with a very high level 45+ healer companion and good DPS. Someone with exceptional skill could probably do it easier.

Edited by Master-Nala

Hammer station would be likely soloable at 65 with a very high level 45+ healer companion and good DPS. Someone with exceptional skill could probably do it easier.

Oh wow, higher requirements than I would have thought. So I take it soloing Operations is entirely non-feasible then? xD

More than just "non-feasible", impossible. You can't even enter an operation unless you are in an operations group.

Ah, gotcha. I've seen that sort of restriction before in other MMOs. Maybe one day they'll remove it for Operations that are so out of date that no one runs groups for them anymore (kinda like what WoW did a couple years back when they removed the being in a group requirement to get into older raids).

Do lots of groups still run older Operations by chance?

Edited by ScorpioRG

Ah, gotcha. I've seen that sort of restriction before in other MMOs. Maybe one day they'll remove it for Operations that are so out of date that no one runs groups for them anymore (kinda like what WoW did a couple years back when they removed the being in a group requirement to get into older raids).

Do lots of groups still run older Operations by chance?

No operations are out of date anymore, they synced them up so every operation is now at maximum level. In addition, the daily groupfinder operation (the story mode, or easy mode) operation rotates between every operation, so people run them all all the time. And even for HM, the HM of the week (where you get better gear) changes every week as well, so those are being run pretty commonly as well. While NiM is not really being run so much (as it gives worse loot than HM highlighted ops) that's gonna change in 4.2 or 4.3.

So basically, all operations give gear that is actually useful, and basically all operations are being run on a regular basis (the single boss operations, Toborro's Courtyard and the Colossal Monolith aren't in the rotations so they aren't being run as often, but I still see pug groups for them occasionally).

Now admittedly, prior to 4.0 soloing the older operations was certainly possible (basically be in an operation group with someone else, but they don't come in with you), but nowadays I'm not sure anyone's beaten even EV SM in a group of less than 4.

No operations are out of date anymore, they synced them up so every operation is now at maximum level. In addition, the daily groupfinder operation (the story mode, or easy mode) operation rotates between every operation, so people run them all all the time. And even for HM, the HM of the week (where you get better gear) changes every week as well, so those are being run pretty commonly as well. While NiM is not really being run so much (as it gives worse loot than HM highlighted ops) that's gonna change in 4.2 or 4.3.

So basically, all operations give gear that is actually useful, and basically all operations are being run on a regular basis (the single boss operations, Toborro's Courtyard and the Colossal Monolith aren't in the rotations so they aren't being run as often, but I still see pug groups for them occasionally).

Now admittedly, prior to 4.0 soloing the older operations was certainly possible (basically be in an operation group with someone else, but they don't come in with you), but nowadays I'm not sure anyone's beaten even EV SM in a group of less than 4.

Ohhhh ok, gotcha. That's pretty cool, actually; I didn't realize they are still relevant. I'm still working my way to 65 on my first character, so I don't know much about what to expect end-game. :)

• 6 months later...
By the same token I felt all mighty the other day and tried to run a HM esseles on my own. Ouch. :p

(I did take the first boss to 50% health despites 6 waves of adds, but yikes)

Ouch! My boyfriend and I tried Black Talon on Hard mode, that was horrific!

• 1 month later...

Only "story flashpoints" have a solo mode. That means, only flashpoints that are directly tied to your faction's story will have a solo mode. You can actually know which flashpoints will have, because you will find the quest givers with a purple quest icon instead of a normal, yellow icon.

This is meant for players who enjoy playing alone to experience all of the story without being forced to play with a random group of people.

For the other flashpoints that have a story of their own, and little relation to the main story, only tactical or hardmode is available (except for Colicoid War Games, I believe it only has a hardmode, but I might be wrong here).

Anyways, if you want to experience ALL of the flashpoints, or you are looking to complete the achievement for the Dark vs. Light event, I suggest queueing for tacticals, since it will take less time and everyone will get bolstered. Sometimes, though, tactical flashpoints might not be the best idea, as it matches you with any players of any role, so you might end up with 3 other dps.

Another way would be to run the flashpoints you can't play in solo mode with people from your guild (if you are in a guild), or with a group of friends, or just ask in the fleet if anyone is willing to do that certain flashpoint with you. Otherwise, you can disable every single flashpoint from the group finder, but one, so you only get grouped with people for that particular flashpoint.

For which are the flashpoints that have solo mode and which doesn't, I believe it is as follows:

Solo Mode:

Esseless/Black Talon

Boarding Party/Taral V

The Foundry/Maelstrom Prisson

Directive 7

Battle of Illum

The False Emperor

Korriban Incursion

Assault on Tython

Depths of Manaan

Legacy of the Rakata

Blood Hunt

Battle of Rishi

The rest can only be done in tactical or hardmode.

Hope it helps :)!

Ouch! My boyfriend and I tried Black Talon on Hard mode, that was horrific!

Ehm, I am doing the 25x times achievements on HM FPS and am soloing Black Talon cause it takes too long with pepole as the conversations are never ending. One Solo run with companion takes 25-30 minutes for me to complete, much faster than with people, it took me 1 hour once! Also there are 2 bosses, based on your choice to kill or spare the captian and the rep boss can be killed over and over if u stealth out :D

By the same token I felt all mighty the other day and tried to run a HM esseles on my own. Ouch. :p

(I did take the first boss to 50% health despites 6 waves of adds, but yikes)

I was soloing that HM too, actually the hard boss is 2nd boss due to his aoe missle attack, the 1st boss is easiest as you can keep on respawinig since there are the rep soldiers who keep the fight running.

After completing Taris, the game directed me to Hammer Station, and ONLY after I entered it did it tell me that this is for group mode :mad: Now I can't even abandon it. I want to get out of it and I guess the only way to abandon it is to play it and fail.

The game didn't, as such, *direct* you to it. It offered it as a possibility. (The only kind of thing the game specifically directs you to is the next step of a story-series like SoR, KotFE, your class story+Ilum, etc. In all those cases, you have an automatically-forced-on-you new mission to replace the one you just finished. Everything else, except the planetary arc on Quesh(1), is optional.

(1) It is the only planetary arc that you cannot avoid taking if you want to be able to get down to the planet's surface(2). The shuttle won't let you board unless you have it active or completed.

(2) You can probably bypass it now by using a Quesh H2 mission's Heroic Travel button.

After completing Taris, the game directed me to Hammer Station, and ONLY after I entered it did it tell me that this is for group mode :mad: Now I can't even abandon it. I want to get out of it and I guess the only way to abandon it is to play it and fail.

Just above the mini map there is a tiny icon (arrow) next to the word 'Exit' hit that arrow & you'll leave the flashpoint and return to fleet

OK, then you can't bypass it. Quesh is the only planet where, to do your class story, you *must* begin the planetary arc.

"Begin" being the operative word. Once you're down on the surface, you can abandon the quest.

Edited by Dragondog