Frequent disconnections and Level 3 Comunications

Blienmeis

It started a few months back - I would get disconnected every hour or so, no big deal. A few weeks ago it became a nuisance as I got disconnected every 10 minutes and sometime I would be disconnected right after another disconnect.

Two days ago it became impossible to play the game: I get disconnected almost right away after login into one of the characters, sometimes without hitting any key. Last night I tried to play for 20-30 minutes or more, never played longer than 1 minute. I called tech support and after a lot of testing they told me it is not them, but some box on the route to them. They were correct. Using PingPlotter I got the culprit:

This box: ae-2-3602.ear3.Washington1.Level3.net (ip: 4.69.206.81) is causing me 95% packet loss.

Unfortunately Level3 is not my ISP (I am with COMCAST), and a quick call to COMCAST confirmed that there is nothing they can do.

I contacted Level 3 and got no answer. Does anyone have any idea of what can be done to fix this? I love this game, but currently I am unable to play. Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks.

packet loss at a router doesn't mean an issue , it is an issue if that packet loss appears on every hop after it, otherwise I would be looking for another cause.

Feel free to make a post here and insert the pingplot into the post as a jpg.

pingplot is best done when playing

Edited by OwenBrooks