Crafting Bug: Goodbye Materials!

UlaVii

So I have my HK-51 droid off running a grade 8 scavenging mission. I have Treek crafting augments. When I open the crafting panel HK-51 is the default in the dropdown (and even if he isn't I can still pick him) even though he is away on a scavenging mission. Once I pick an item the craft button lights up and I can click it. I get the "HK-51 is currently deployed on a crew skill task" message and the crafting button greys out but it still uses the crafting materials.

I did this a few times tonight as I've had both HK and Treek working hard so I've lost the mats to about 3 augments so far. I know it's my fault for not checking but I only worked out what was happening the 2nd time and then I did the 3rd as a test.

I'm not saying it's specific to these companions, just that these are the two I had working when I noticed the problem.

So to make it a bit more concise. You can click the "Craft" button once for a companion that is away on a mission and even though you get the "they're busy" message it still uses up the crafting materials.

For me it's just a loss of 60k'ish for each augment but I imagine this to be a terrible mistake if trying to craft a high value item like an Exarch Relic.

Edited by UlaVii

oooooo so just after I finished writing the above post HK-51 came back from his scavenging mission and automatically went straight into crafting the items I thought I'd lost the materials from!

I'm testing this out in reverse now so I have filled his crafting queue and sent Treek out on a scavenging mission. I'll try and pre-fill her crafting queue and see what happens.

Yeah it works.

I sent her on a low level mission so it completed in a couple of minutes and then set her crafting 4 (low value) items. When I tried to give her a 5th item to craft I got the red message in chat "This companion is currently fully tasked" and it didn't use up the materials. Sure enough, when she finished the scavenging mission she went straight into crafting but only 4 showed up in the queue. My guess is that the scavenging mission is counting as one of the slots.

The thing that makes this a bit fiddly is that you have to close and re-open the crafting panel for each item as the Craft button gets greyed out after the first click.

I tried this the other way around as well so I set her crafting and then tried to queue a scavenging mission but nothing happened, the button was clickable but nothing was queued visually and when she finished crafting she went idle.

I don't think this is really useful but at least it's not losing the materials into the void as I first feared, phew! :w_big_grin: