Character's outfit does not change appearance

RaunchyRancor

I have seen this problem since the launch of KOTFE. No matter what gear I equip, my toon's outfit appears the same. This is happening on only one of my 9 active toons. The character window preview shows the correct gear as equipped, but it makes no changes to my toon on screen. Even if I remove all gear it makes no difference.

The only thing I could think of, which didn't work either, was deleting the 'disk cache arena' file from the game install directory.

I have seen this problem since the launch of KOTFE. No matter what gear I equip, my toon's outfit appears the same. This is happening on only one of my 9 active toons. The character window preview shows the correct gear as equipped, but it makes no changes to my toon on screen. Even if I remove all gear it makes no difference.

The only thing I could think of, which didn't work either, was deleting the 'disk cache arena' file from the game install directory.

Do you mean gear you equip as your armor or gear you equip in the first outfit designer slot to stamp it on your current armor?

It sounds like you used one of the appearance tabs to set your look, forgot, and are now swapping out gear in the gear slots. Click the Active button on the top of your character gear screen and that should switch from the appearance tab look to what your gear actually is.

That's exactly what it is. It shows Apply on the equipped tab, which means the active look is the Highlighted 1 and not what's equipped.