INTRODUCING! New Weapon Swap System!!!

GuyverIII

Introduction:

Hello Everyone! I would like to introduce to you the brand new Weapon Swap system! This system will offer the opportunity for Mirror classes to swap weapons with the respected mirror class of the opposite faction!

Purpose

The purpose of this system is to add diversity and more options for players to customize their characters in regards to animations and gameplay. Many players have been asking to either remove weapon restrictions from certain weapons, or for certain classes to be able to use certain weapons either opposing classes already use. With this system we are able to keep the restrictions with a certain class type; Example(Vanguard/Powertech, Smuggler/Agent etc...) and still give diversity and creativity to allow players to customize and enjoy their characters. The fee will also ensure players do not abuse this privilege and as well add to the economy and Cartel Market.

How will it work?

For a fee of 3000 Cartel Coins or 15,000,000 Galactic credits, players will be able to swap the weapon restriction their class currently has for the opposite of the opposing faction! for example, If you are a power tech and currently use a blaster pistol, for this fee you will be able to go to your respective class trainer and obtain the ability to use a Blaster Rifle specialization, which is normally what the vanguard class uses on republic side! Respectively, if you are a smuggler you will be able to switch to a Sniper rifle specialization, or an Operative will be able to use dual pistols.

If you ever wish to switch back you must wait at least 72 hours in order to switch back for the same fee. This feature will be available to all classes and their respective mirror counterparts.

Why Its a good idea?

Want to be a trooper and use dual wield blaster pistols like Captain Rex? Instead of a Blaster Rifle or Assault Cannon? Ever feel the need live the fantasy of using a Blaster Rifle like Boba Fett but can't? Well this is how we solve that problem!

This being the Star Wars universe, diversity within it has always been one if its key factors. We further enable players to add and fulfill the fantasy being able to play like their favorite Star wars Characters by The Implementation of this system. The system does not completely remove weapon restrictions however offers a unique alternative, and also the animations, and mechanics for all of these changes currently exist and are already within the game.

Many NPCs and none player characters already posses these abilities, animations and it can be implemented as quality of life patch or future expansion addition. This provides players for further creativity, customization and ways to play their characters, as well as creates more options for packs on the cartel market, loot and crafting specializations to have a more interactive role within the game!

Conclusion

In conclusion, I did not want to make this post too lengthy and wanted to give a brief summary of a proposed system of how to better certain aspects of the game and quality of the SWTOR gaming community. If any other players have more ideas on how this might be possible or to add how it might work please feel free to chime in! as a final note, please be civil and respectful I look forward to reading all of your responses!!

Sincerely,

Taurros Markeel:wea_09:

Edited by GuyverIII

And if you are Sage - pay a small fee and you will be able to use weapon of opposite faction class! SORCERER!!!

Isn't this awsome?! :cool:

But seriously, mate.

Your suggestion have some SERIOUS disadvantages for other classes.

Sorc-sage

Mara-sent

Jugg-guard

Do you see what im trying to say here?

And if you are Sage - pay a small fee and you will be able to use weapon of opposite faction class! SORCERER!!!

Isn't this awsome?! :cool:

But seriously, mate.

Your suggestion have some SERIOUS disadvantages for other classes.

Sorc-sage

Mara-sent

Jugg-guard

Do you see what im trying to say here?

Perhaps they could trade abilities, then. Telekinetic Throw/Lightning swap, for example.

Perhaps they could trade abilities, then. Telekinetic Throw/Lightning swap, for example.

Actually such trade would more fit to the dark/light side alignment.

Example:

Sorcerer with highest Light side will be able to change his powers animation to Sage animation by toggle "Show light side" option.

Same with Dark side Sages.

And if player don't like this - he can simply turn this option off.

Here's a few issues:

-It's too expensive for some players that don't have the money/credits.

- If snipers were to use dual pistols, they need to change the name of their role to marksman. But then I think there's a role that snipers use called Marksman. Than they need to change marksman to something else, like deadeye or whatever.

- They would need to change certain naming conventions for some to most abilities for each role in order to keep it simple so players wouldn't feel like their memory bank is a burden. The reason is because it's probably a lot to remember and some of them have more important things to remember for real life reasons.

Here's a few bright sides:

- It could help make the naming conventions simpler when using various weapons for certain classes that would possible align. For instance: Commandos using Assault cannons and Blaster rifles, Vanguards using Blaster rifles and a Mainhand Pistol, Gunslingers using dual pistols, sniper rilfes, and blasters, and Scoundrels using a mainhand pistol, a scattergun, a blaster rifle, and a vibro knife.

-We are able to use certain abilities that we wished we could've used on certain weapons that didn't let us perform it. For example: Commandos using charged bolts and hail of bolts with a blaster rifle. If players are able to use the throw saber ability with a vibrosword as a Jedi Guardian, why can't the commandos do the same with their blaster rifles?

-We are adding more weaponry to our classes for the fun of it.

Thank you all for the responses!

let me take the time to address some of them.

in regards to Kings post about the force user classes, yes I do see how this is an issue for the mirror classes that use the same weapon, but maybe for those like Anysao suggested it can be an ability trade off or something of that nature? I'll have to do some brainstorming and see what I can come up with.

Clone_Enforcer,

I'm not certain that the names would have to be changed because players that have played both sides of that classes or classes are already familiar with the different ability names. The only thing that would change is the weapon animation and how your classes uses its skills with that weapon, what I'm trying to say is for example if your do Scatter Shots with a Mercenary it would still be scatter shots, but with an assault cannon if you so choose to make the swap.

In regards to the price, I wanted to set a price that is high so that its not abused or something that people keep doing back and forth so that it doesn't cause an unbalanced effect of everyone doing it left and right and can still be something unique and special.

I also read over your Bright sides and I loved those ideas a lot as well! perhaps something along those lines would work just as well?

Thank you all for the responses!

let me take the time to address some of them.

in regards to Kings post about the force user classes, yes I do see how this is an issue for the mirror classes that use the same weapon, but maybe for those like Anysao suggested it can be an ability trade off or something of that nature? I'll have to do some brainstorming and see what I can come up with.

Clone_Enforcer,

I'm not certain that the names would have to be changed because players that have played both sides of that classes or classes are already familiar with the different ability names. The only thing that would change is the weapon animation and how your classes uses its skills with that weapon, what I'm trying to say is for example if your do Scatter Shots with a Mercenary it would still be scatter shots, but with an assault cannon if you so choose to make the swap.

In regards to the price, I wanted to set a price that is high so that its not abused or something that people keep doing back and forth so that it doesn't cause an unbalanced effect of everyone doing it left and right and can still be something unique and special.

I also read over your Bright sides and I loved those ideas a lot as well! perhaps something along those lines would work just as well?

It could work, the only question is does Bioware have the time and knowledge to execute it?