The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

An assortment of suggestions regarding the Cartel Market

XathAkais

I'm a recently returned player (3 months) and am enjoying the Cartel market offerings ....Mostly.

I have a number of thoughts and opinions about it and figured I would share them.

Playable Races

I really figured by this point you would have had more races added to the game than have been up to this point.

Nautolan, Kel Dor, and Bith are a few examples of races that are readily visible in the game.

Why aren't they playable by now?

Dyes

With the precedent you have set regarding these I really don't know how you can fix the issues with this item and it's mechanic retroactively.

That said...

Dyes being destroyed on use and random acquire seems about as predatory as you can get, in my opinion.

If it's acquired from the Cartel Market it should be unlocking that color for the player permanently.

Why? Because it cost money to acquire at some point. Don't de-value players monetary contributions.

Assorted CM issues

Legacy unlocks are too expensive across the board.

Cartel Market Restore emotes shouldn't eat up inventory slots... Once bound, it should not linger in your inventory.

The armor items/sets that have mods in them and aren't legacy unlockable? Please change that.

Consider removing the mods and make them legacy unlockable.

Cartel Market Rep, Certificates, and Vendors

There are a number of vendors on Fleet that new/returning players simply can't make use of because the packs needed to raise the reputation are in limited quantity and only via player trade.

...That brings me to Cartel Packs.

All the packs should be on offer in the Market at all times ideally. Alternately, offer one new pack and one old pack. If you want to spur interest in buying packs when they are released then choose to:

Offer limited time pricing reductions on them.

Offer Grand Chance Cubes as a value add to the pack for a limited time (don't replace things with chance cubes, simply add them to what's existing)

Grand Chance Cubes are a nifty idea for a niche buyer that wants to spend a small amount of CC on a "try your luck item".

It shouldn't make up the bulk of a new Pack's offerings like it has for the Anarchist Pack

It's a good value add item for new packs (1 in 4 chance to get one from a pack over and above the packs offerings)

Playable Races

I really figured by this point you would have had more races added to the game than have been up to this point.

Nautolan, Kel Dor, and Bith are a few examples of races that are readily visible in the game.

Why aren't they playable by now?

In general: it costs money to add a playable race.

Nautolan: They are problematic a bit unless they cannot show helmets (like Togruta don't show helmets). That includes e.g. goggles, because their eyes are way far too big for most sets of goggles.

Kel Dor: Most (all?) of them speak only Alien Turkey Croak VII, thus causing problems in cinematics. And the breath mask makes romance scenes, um, difficult. And hidden helmets!

Bith: Again, hidden helmets, and a lore violation about sonic grenades. (Implication from Wookieepedia: they are one-shotted by sonic grenades. Can't have that happening to players.) And romances might be a bit odd.

In general: it costs money to add a playable race.

Nautolan: They are problematic a bit unless they cannot show helmets (like Togruta don't show helmets). That includes e.g. goggles, because their eyes are way far too big for most sets of goggles.

Kel Dor: Most (all?) of them speak only Alien Turkey Croak VII, thus causing problems in cinematics. And the breath mask makes romance scenes, um, difficult. And hidden helmets!

Bith: Again, hidden helmets, and a lore violation about sonic grenades. (Implication from Wookieepedia: they are one-shotted by sonic grenades. Can't have that happening to players.) And romances might be a bit odd.

Yes... and BW has had ample time to address all those issues and get more races added.

FWIW none of the issues you cited are issues BW hasn't tackled either in this game or in the ME series games already.

• 1 month later...
I'm a recently returned player (3 months) and am enjoying the Cartel market offerings ....Mostly.

I have a number of thoughts and opinions about it and figured I would share them.

[...]

...That brings me to Cartel Packs.

All the packs should be on offer in the Market at all times ideally. Alternately, offer one new pack and one old pack. If you want to spur interest in buying packs when they are released then choose to:

Offer limited time pricing reductions on them.

Offer Grand Chance Cubes as a value add to the pack for a limited time (don't replace things with chance cubes, simply add them to what's existing)

Grand Chance Cubes are a nifty idea for a niche buyer that wants to spend a small amount of CC on a "try your luck item".

It shouldn't make up the bulk of a new Pack's offerings like it has for the Anarchist Pack

It's a good value add item for new packs (1 in 4 chance to get one from a pack over and above the packs offerings)

Seconded