Romance Lock in

DanielKT

So I just got my second character to Oderon and got a romance pop up lockin with Lana on my commando that I did *not* get with my Sage.

My Sage got to the planet prior to the latest chapter. my Commando just got there 10 minutes ago.

Is the lock in thing new? What happens with my Sage now? Is the effect retro-active?

Did I miss a patch note somewhere?

Edit: Also; what's the lockin actually do?

I noticed a considerable lack of conversations on the Sage after chapter 9 with most of the people from the previous chapters.

Edit 2:

Also; seems odd that after the romance lock-in that the Courting gifts still give no influence. During the original game once the romance started they switched to doing something.

Edited by DanielKT

Its not something new, its been around all the time. You only get it if you chose most flirt options till that point. You may not have gotten that scene on your Sage because you didnt click the Flirt options with Lana or you have small influence with her and do things she mostly disapproves of.

oh thats the thing. The picked pretty much the same options all the way through. And the sage has level 19 with Lana compared to the commandos 9.

Hence it seeming odd.

If it's been there all the time then I guess the Sage is just out of luck.

oh thats the thing. The picked pretty much the same options all the way through. And the sage has level 19 with Lana compared to the commandos 9.

Hence it seeming odd.

If it's been there all the time then I guess the Sage is just out of luck.

"Pretty much the same options"? So NOT the same options. Maybe you managed to do the one different thing that tipped Lana over to not wanting to be romanced. Nobody (outside the story writers) is quite sure what the conditions are for getting or not getting the romance option. There are many things that aren't enough by themselves to prevent it, and of course it may be that you score hidden points for the choices you make, and you get the romance if your score is favourable enough, and not if not.

The key word in that is "hidden". The condition(s) is(are) very opaque, which is fine in a has-save-option RPG, but questionable in an MMORPG where there is no such option. ("You must score at most 17 points on the 'Lana focuses her rage' scale to enable the romance" is deeply opaque, especially if the things that score or do not score points on the scale are not identified properly and you cannot see what your current score is.)

Considering that at least one person has reported that they had this romance lock-in pre 4.1, then escaped out and went back on the same character after 4.1 dropped, only to find the romance lock-in now gone, implies that there is a bug. Reading these boards tells me that lots of other people seem to be having a problem with this lock-in as well. Sadly, the devs have not acknowledged that there is a problem yet.

My advice is if you have a character that wants to romance Lana, then don't take them through KOTFE for now until this is fixed.

"Pretty much the same options"? So NOT the same options. Maybe you managed to do the one different thing that tipped Lana over to not wanting to be romanced. Nobody (outside the story writers) is quite sure what the conditions are for getting or not getting the romance option. There are many things that aren't enough by themselves to prevent it, and of course it may be that you score hidden points for the choices you make, and you get the romance if your score is favourable enough, and not if not.

The key word in that is "hidden". The condition(s) is(are) very opaque, which is fine in a has-save-option RPG, but questionable in an MMORPG where there is no such option. ("You must score at most 17 points on the 'Lana focuses her rage' scale to enable the romance" is deeply opaque, especially if the things that score or do not score points on the scale are not identified properly and you cannot see what your current score is.)

Actually as in "I don't remember picking different options with the commando"

I remember getting different dialog options with the Sage than the commando, but as far as I recall; just different classes.

2 characters down; 14 to go (one of each class)

Considering that at least one person has reported that they had this romance lock-in pre 4.1, then escaped out and went back on the same character after 4.1 dropped, only to find the romance lock-in now gone, implies that there is a bug. Reading these boards tells me that lots of other people seem to be having a problem with this lock-in as well. Sadly, the devs have not acknowledged that there is a problem yet.

My advice is if you have a character that wants to romance Lana, then don't take them through KOTFE for now until this is fixed.

Oh it's more of a "that a odd difference" and "that would have been cool" than any sort of disappointment.

I've got one character of each class, half of each gender. Only got 2 to the current end of Fallen Empire so far.

Lots of tinkering and expressions of my amount of OCD left.

Oh it's more of a "that a odd difference" and "that would have been cool" than any sort of disappointment.

I've got one character of each class, half of each gender. Only got 2 to the current end of Fallen Empire so far.

Lots of tinkering and expressions of my amount of OCD left.

That's good that you have options at least. I feel bad for the people who have been romancing Lana for the past year on favorite characters only to have it bug out and lose all their "progress" with her though. I'm glad the first thing I did is take three chars though KOTFE to romance each of the new choices (Theron/Koth/Lana) and that all three are successfully locked in.

I only can think of one instance where the repy was different.

Generally speaking I just did whatever Lana wanted.

After killing the knight, I *think* I picked a different reply for the commando than the sage.

Something like "just get used to it" to which she replied "I just may".

The sage picked the one "he'd just have come back".

That is quite literately the only difference in conversation I can recall that wasn't clearly a Commando vs Sage comment.

My sage is all light side, so he displeased Lana a few times. Regardless, he did lock the romance. Not that it seems to mean a lot, it is not referenced at all in chapter X. What I think are important factors in getting the romance option is how you treated Lana prior to kotfe, If you are honest with her about Valkorion in your head and how you use or not the power.

now that you mention it; both characters used Valk's power but at different points.

Commando used the first instance when ..... waaait......

The 'Talk to Senya' part got bugged out.

Commando had to reset the chapter where Senya is introduced. First time I skipped using the power. Second time I used it. Lana was less pissed that I used it than I expected....

Sage I *think* skipped it and let Lana get sliced. Sage had her own glitches with that chapter though where I had

to redo a couple fights because the invul shield on the bad guys wouldn't end.

As a offhand; they added in Lana acting having a visible wound compared to when my Sage did it.

now that you mention it; both characters used Valk's power but at different points.

Commando used the first instance when ..... waaait......

The 'Talk to Senya' part got bugged out.

Commando had to reset the chapter where Senya is introduced. First time I skipped using the power. Second time I used it. Lana was less pissed that I used it than I expected....

Sage I *think* skipped it and let Lana get sliced. Sage had her own glitches with that chapter though where I had

to redo a couple fights because the invul shield on the bad guys wouldn't end.

As a offhand; they added in Lana acting having a visible wound compared to when my Sage did it.

The visible wound, I think, occurs if you don't use V's power to save Lana outside the Gravestone.