The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Chapters and creativity

LordAppius

Regarding the new chapters, well most of them are dull. The choices yet don't matter. wow Koth left the alliance, i doubt most ppl even liked the guy, between him and claptrap from Borderlands, claptrap at least is funny.

We have been promissed a chapter where we play as HK-55 but what i would have loved was a chapter where we played as arkan or thexandevastating Coruscant and Korriban, that would be a great way to open the new chapter. I still don't understand how we go from vitiate to valkorian, i guess we are just skiping that part. The new chapter is more cinematics than actual gameplay, yes some of the landscapes are cool, not gona deny it but paying 10 euros a month to see 30 minutes of cinematic then runing another 25 minutes, well that is frutrating.

Another huge problem, we used to have some companions that we loved or hated but we could relate somehow to us, now we have "a crib" of 40 followers who most we don't give a crap. Having different companions is cool but not spamimng them just so bioware can kill at a later stage and say "See your choices did matter" Bollocks to you Musco, you choices mattering is a lie. One thing that we should be able to do was just kill Koth when he left, i bet a good number of ppl would have loved to force choke him right there or explode his damn ship.

Crafting, well this is the new grinding. The grinding is just to damn much. This should have been implemented with 4.0 and not with 4.2 or whatever, adding crafting to the game ( that is beyond reason boring IS NOT CONTENT).

New arena and pvp map, well i guess took them this long to do something, the previous arenas were horrible, playing starfighter sometimes is a pain because ppl just won't queue cause no one wants to have a damn flying stone versus a fully equipped ship.

Oh lets not forget the hk parody for the next months, you like hk-55????? COOL lets suck this cow to the bone, every month we will give you a piece of hk, shame he's a robot otherwise they would have to give some extras

So far i've no idea if jakarro will appear again, i would love to see him because he mentioned Kashyk and another kotor 2 planet, but if that happens the planets are not going to be like the previous ones, will be something like rishy or Zakuul, or even worse, like Odessen, this ONE HAS ZERO EXPLORATION, and could have been a great place, well they already lost that opportunity with Yavin 4, so many missions could have been added there to explore the secrets of the force and so on. Bioware if you have money to design horrible new items you could also come up with good ideas about exploration. Those space pve missions that most of us played, well you could have added something new with 4.0. Raiding is beyond any measures something that you might end up working now ( or you are working and will be something horrible...). I don't want bioware to spam flashpoints and operations or missions but i want them to have some diversity and to be interesting to play, most the times i play the game is with a friend becaise that is what makes it interesting (after a specific period of time)

Overall i like, its the correct term, the game BUT it the lacks creativity, the amount of reskined items, the constant grinding and the kill target missions is just to dull.

Crafting, well this is the new grinding. The grinding is just to damn much. This should have been implemented with 4.0 and not with 4.2 or whatever, adding crafting to the game ( that is beyond reason boring IS NOT CONTENT).

Grinding? Crafting post-4.0? Huh?

No. It's not grinding.

Grinding is levelling past 60/60/60 in Runes of Magic, where there are only daily quests - max: 10 per day - and mob XP to level you up once you reach a certain point, which happens long, long before 60/60/60. (You can have up to three classes at once in RoM, but you can only gain XP in one at a time, which is the origin of the XP grind.)

Grinding is just barely reaching level 33 on Coba Plateau in Allods Online, then realising that you need to get to level 35 before leaving the area, while there are NO available quests, so you have to go out and commit genocide against the goblins and/or enemy-faction players to get the XP you need to gain those two levels. And realising that this already happened before in a previous zone, and it's going to happen again multiple times in future zones.

Grinding is playing just about any MMORPG from Korea, Japan, or Taiwan. Hey, wait a minute! Runewaker, the developers of Runes of Magic, are a Taiwanese outfit. Hmmmm... (By contrast, Allods is Russian, but still obnoxiously grindy in places.)

4.0+ crafting isn't even tediously slow.

• 2 weeks later...
What I want to know is when did this go from a MMO to a solo RPG? The main reason I play this game is to play along with my friends. The new chapters are nothing more then long videos with a battle between each one. If I wanted to play a solo game I would by an XBOX.. Here's hoping for the return of an actual Expansion where players can once again run as a group while forwarding an actual story. running herocis and dailies doesn't justify the subscription price to me.