The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grand Chance Cubes and Anarchist packs

Kethen

So I posted about this in a relevant thread about the new unstable lightsaber recently as well, but I think it something of a civic duty to protect people from wasting resources on these.

The short of it is that the grand chance cubes need to be made less common or the standard of their drops need to be raised. If anyone isn't familiar or was considering buying the new Anarchist packs but wasn't sure, don't bother. What it doesn't explain is HOW common these cubes are. I got over 200 packs through multiple crates and almost invariably they contain one or two cubes, a companion gift, and a decoration or crystal so common it has no resell value. Almost all items from the cubes are--predictably--bronze tier or very common items, pets, or vehicles of little to no resell value or functionality. There are of course some good drops, but not nearly enough to justify the cost if you purchase more than, say, five packs or so. Almost all armor parts obtained will be for the Exiled and Skotia sets. I am finding the same results from most others who bought the new pack in large quantities.

I'm a sucker for in game markets and don't mind the costs when I don't receive what I want, but many do and so fair warning I think is in order. There is no doubt in my mind that the new packs are the most unsatisfying and unrewarding put into the game so far. If you want the lightsaber or gold armor sets particularly, it will be MUCH cheaper to use your coins for items you can sell or trade to purchase them from other players or wait for them to inevitably release the sabers to the market due to their high demand.

tl;dr: Chance cubes lower the quality of the packs, and the recent Anarchist packs should not be purchased in bulk. They are the least cost efficient packs to date for the quality of their content. When the cubes are fixed, packs containing them will probably be worth purchasing again.

Edited by Kethen
More relevant title