Game won't launch... But it does something odd...

Airsucker

Whenever I launch the game from the launcher, my screen flickers black then back on. But when it comes back on, it's changed from 1900whatever to something absurd like 800x600. On top of that, the game is just a teeny tiny black sliver on the top left corner of my screen. It's barely longer than a regular desktop icon and only a few pixels wide. The game never loads. Forcing it closed reverts my screen resolution back to the max.

I've looked and haven't found how to fix this. Anyone else find this? Would love some help.

Whenever I launch the game from the launcher, my screen flickers black then back on. But when it comes back on, it's changed from 1900whatever to something absurd like 800x600. On top of that, the game is just a teeny tiny black sliver on the top left corner of my screen. It's barely longer than a regular desktop icon and only a few pixels wide. The game never loads. Forcing it closed reverts my screen resolution back to the max.

I've looked and haven't found how to fix this. Anyone else find this? Would love some help.

Have you logged into the launcher and then run the repair tool? Alternatively, you can run fix launcher as well. I am not sure if you are in the standard install or streaming; however, trouble-shooting steps for both versions can be found here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en