Empty(Absorption) Dye

Eres

I guess it's a bit hard to create new dyes to please all at once. And making dyes with all the colors in the world can take time

So I propose creating dye that absorbs color mode of an item or at least main and/or secondary colors and then can be used to fill another item.

An idea of implementation.

First: nearly the same as with eyedropper in photoshop or reverse Engineering: right-clicking on the aDye pop-ups some icon that replaces standart cursor and then you can left-click on an item absorbing its colors (that you want) and mb destroying an item in the process.

Then, you can either absorb another color the same way, or just put it in the item you want and replace it's color.

Edited by Eres

How do dyes in this game actually work? Are they done through shaders or textures? I'm assuming textures as there are a rather limited amount (man that would be a pain to maintain though). If shaders, I don't see why we couldn't have hundreds of colors available.

I, for one, do not think that we should enable the laziness & sloppiness of BW's dye system design. For the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't create two (maybe three) dye slots in each armor piece ... 1) Primary color slot 2) Secondary color slot and 3) Tertiary/Accent color slot

A simple solution like that would allow users to choose & customize their color selections ... player customization ... go figure.

For the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't create two dye slots in each armor piece ..

Most likely because the current system allows them to take a single color and turn that into 3 different modules. The current system also allows them to affect rarity. It's not the best system for the player but I don't blame BioWare for wanting to create a dye system they could best monetize.

Well, who knows. What if they didn't even try and it will be easy to implement? =)

Making a drastic change to how the game engine handles a task is most likely not going to be cheap or easy.

Secondly, I think a change like you suggested also conflicts with how BioWare has been monetizing the dye system.

Who will buy expensive black/black dye modules from the Cartel Market if players can craft their own black/black module?