Gold mobs not dropping loot

thebobmaster

I'm not sure if this is something just on Taris, but that's where I first noticed it. Running 3 heroics (Knight Fall, Rakghoul Release, and Fallen Stars), none of the gold mobs dropped any loot. All the silver mobs dropped loot, as they did before 4.1, but nothing from any of the gold mobs I killed.

I'm not sure if this is something just on Taris, but that's where I first noticed it. Running 3 heroics (Knight Fall, Rakghoul Release, and Fallen Stars), none of the gold mobs dropped any loot. All the silver mobs dropped loot, as they did before 4.1, but nothing from any of the gold mobs I killed.

It's curiously specific: I've been seeing a very hard divide: sapient Elite mobs drop loot -- humans, the various alien races, nekghouls, etc. -- while the 'creature' Elite mobs -- animals, rakghouls, droids, Colicoids, etc. -- almost always don't, and when they do (less than a 10% chance), it's always a Green or higher quality drop; there are no credits or trash drops from them.

Can confirm this, a certain type of elite NPCs is no longer dropping credits as of 4.1. I know that in 4.0, BioWare nerfed the credit drops (and maybe this was a late addition to those fixes) but given that elites take a long time to kill, I consider this a bug and it should reward proper loot. Now, it only makes sense to kill them while leveling to get XP; other than that it's better to skip them. Edited by Jerba