The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Game crash on Tatooine when open Map or howering over Minimap

DjHazze

Hi this is my first problem with SWTOR, i'm plying as a Vanguard right now.

When i'm on Tatooine the game keep crashing when you open the "Map" or you howering the mouse cursor on the "Minimap" ... :(

I have tried the basic repair 3 or 4 times:

"Download launcher repair utility here

Run a game repair:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pull down on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

Worse case remove bitraider if your using it:

NOTE this is a complete download of the game again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher."

But still the game crashes when you open the "Map" or howering the mouse cursor over the "Minimap" ... i don't get an error message or any thing like that ... the game just crashes :(

The problem started on the patch 4.0.4 so i was hoping that the problem would go away with the new update 4.1 or 4.1a now but nope :(

I've been playing this game since 2011 and i have not had this problem or any other problems before ...