SWTOR ~ How to get you're referral code when the referral system is bugged.

DorjeeVajra

How to get you're referral code when the referral system is bugged.

Ok this is a bit tricky if you have never written down your code before but it is possible altho a bit of a pain.

Goto this link:

https://account.swtor.com/user/refer

if you click on refresh page you will see you're referral code flash for a second before it disappears, you can keep refreshing till you get the whole code if you can register it that quick with your naked eye ( might be possible for some speed readers ).

Option 1 If you have a video screen capture it's a lot easier you can start recording your screen while hitting refresh a few times. Go and watch the video you recorded a frame at a time or in slow motion till you see your code. Copy it down and save that link. This is how I did it when I was looking for my code and it was down or bugged.

Option 2 and I just tested this use the video recorder on your phone start recording the video of your screen and hit refresh a few times. Go through the video frame by frame till you see the image with your referral code.

Remember to keep a copy of your referral code for future use once you get it.

Enjoy,

DorjeeVajra

I highly DON'T recommend recording with phone. That'll be a pain.

You can use VLC, OBS or pretty-much anything to record that page, or just hammer printscreen when you see that happpening.

ALso, you can interrupt page load (hit the X) before it bugs out. This is what I do with paywall websites that thry to redirect me.

And if you know what you're doing, you could probably set up a javascript codelet to get that element and store it as soon as you log onto the page. Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey should be able to do that for you.

Oh and, if you have your referral code in your sig, but you also need to copy it for something else, right-click on your sig link and select "INspect Element" or just "Inspect", find the

<a href="blahblahblah">text</a>

..and get the value of the href="" attribute.

I highly DON'T recommend recording with phone. That'll be a pain.

You can use VLC, OBS or pretty-much anything to record that page, or just hammer printscreen when you see that happpening.

ALso, you can interrupt page load (hit the X) before it bugs out. This is what I do with paywall websites that thry to redirect me.

And if you know what you're doing, you could probably set up a javascript codelet to get that element and store it as soon as you log onto the page. Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey should be able to do that for you.

Oh and, if you have your referral code in your sig, but you also need to copy it for something else, right-click on your sig link and select "INspect Element" or just "Inspect", find the

<a href="blahblahblah">text</a>

..and get the value of the href="" attribute.

Recording with a phone was even faster than using Screen Video capture BTW.

For those with a decent video quality on their phone pretty simple and effective.

It's also easier than for some people to go on line and look for a video screen capture app if they don't already have one.

For those that already have Video Screen capture software you may want to use your software over the camera.

Bredlix just shared this at Reddit.com/r/swtor.

If you use chrome browser on your smartphone the code will be visible.

I just tried this on my Iphone and I can see my code checked on my computer to see if the bug was gone still can't see the code on the computer.

So if you wan to get your code give chrome on your smart phone a try.

Not sure if this works on other Smartphones or browsers but I can verify that it works with Iphone and chrome browser.

• 3 months later...

You can just 'right click' the broken element and select 'view page source'. Now don't scratch your head too hard. All you need to do is click 'CTRL-F' (this will open a search parameter at the bottom left on most browsers (I use firefox)) and type inside the box 'http://www.swtor.com/r/' and search for it. It will highlight your referral link. CopyPasta the whole link that is inside the brackets "_".

Should look something like this:

== <div class="standard box">

== <input type="text" class="form-text js-copy-text registration js-copy" value=" LINK REMOVED " /> :rak_03:

http:// LINK REMOVED

COPYPASTADATSHIZZABROANDFOCKJAVASCRIPT

Edited by CommunityDroidEN
spam