Tank Companions. What happen to the promised fix?

knowmyname

I like to have a a tank to keep people facing the proper way so I can backstab them on appropriate classes, and on a healer it's nice to be able to play your class role instead of an off-DPS

Yes, but the operative word was "need". You may "want" to backstab the enemies, but I think you'll find that it's not necessary to do that. All the time you take positioning people so that you can backstab would be better used just doing basic damage attacks.

Also, on a healer, it's again a question of "need". As a healer you don't "need" your companion to be a tank. You can do just as well using a melee DPS companion such as Lana. (You might have to do a bit more healing, but that's good practice.)

Yes, but the operative word was "need". You may "want" to backstab the enemies, but I think you'll find that it's not necessary to do that. All the time you take positioning people so that you can backstab would be better used just doing basic damage attacks.

Also, on a healer, it's again a question of "need". As a healer you don't "need" your companion to be a tank. You can do just as well using a melee DPS companion such as Lana. (You might have to do a bit more healing, but that's good practice.)

DFPS companions are even worse about holding aggro than tank comps are :p

You are correct, there isn't a "need," but what kind of world would it be if we had to have a "need?"

• 9 months later...