Unable to retreive patch data - reinstalled SWTOR_setup.exe

Jahirah

So tonight I, for the first time i might add, ran into this little issue - one that appears to be affecting quite alot of players. I went to the forums looking for answers as to what was causing it and if it was something one could fix.

The first post i come across is from somebody with the game, or so I presume - and he had a whole range of stuff he asked ppl to do and report back about. To be honest reading that list made my head spin and I'm not normally considered bad with computers.

So I kept reading thinking maybe someone else found a golden pass. But as i worked my way through the posts the more it seemed to be random what worked and what didn't. What worked for some had no effect for others and so forth.

I sat down and thought "Well if the issue is about resetting the launcher" one could always try to reinstall the SWTOR_Setup.exe file perhaps - so I tried that.

It didn't entirely fix the issue though so I had to try something xtra.I went into the "Star Wars - Old Republic" game folder and I decided to attempt launching the game via the launcher.exe file. Anotherthing that seemed to work for me, but what about others? I then spoke to a friend whom had gotten the same issues that I had - I told her to attempt launching the game through the launch.exe file and it turned out to work for her aswell.

I am not saying that this is a an easy fix.Fix for everybody, but it's too easy to not try out and it worked wonders for me!

Hope it works for you too...

Edited by Jahirah