CTD following latest update.

DiscoDavey

Never had issue running the game, but since i updated yesterday i get about 5 minutes of gameplay before I get a crash to desktop. Its an odd one though, as its not a true crash because the game still seems to run in the background (more like I've tabbed out of the game) Anyway once this happens i cannot restore the window, task manager shows the program as "Not Responding." I've consistently been getting this tool, its not a one off.

Anyone else having similar issue?

removed and re-added the exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe to the Anti virus and firewall list , if the game icon is showing in the task bar something may be forcing it to drop to desktop

I gather you tried a repair to check game files

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner, If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Really get stuck make a new post here and post a dxdiag per here

Well you can try and prove it is a game issue, so it can be passed back to the studio once confirmed or hold hands and attend "me too" meetings.

I don't care which path a person takes, the game works fine for me on Win 10 with a 970GTX , I log in , play , log out and game closes fine, if this happens to be specific to certain setups then there is bucklies identifying with nothing more to go on then "waah I crash"

If an issue persists make a new post here and post a dxdiag per here to keep a record of the setup to look for commonality if it is hardware/OS specific

Most of the confirmed issues causing crashes in swtor are here and are OS / driver related

Edited by OwenBrooks