Group loot rolling bugged?

MoyaSP

I always group with my wife, and we are currently playing a Warrior and a Bounty Hunter, and everytime a green item drops, it seems to just get looted automatically instead of rolled, group loot is set to premium treshold and round robin, so not sure what is going on

I don't know. I know I was grouped with a guildie today doing heroics, same ones we did last week. Area loot was broke. Had to click on each body indvidually slowed us down. Then the group loot was hit or miss. Some things we got to roll on and others it gave us stuff. What I hate is before you could pass on something you didn't need and let your guildie have it. Now you got to take more time and trade with them. It sucks. They are like trying so hard to make this game suck. It'd be easier to just flip the switch on the servers and shut the doors.

I don't know. I know I was grouped with a guildie today doing heroics, same ones we did last week. Area loot was broke. Had to click on each body indvidually slowed us down. Then the group loot was hit or miss. Some things we got to roll on and others it gave us stuff. What I hate is before you could pass on something you didn't need and let your guildie have it. Now you got to take more time and trade with them. It sucks. They are like trying so hard to make this game suck. It'd be easier to just flip the switch on the servers and shut the doors.

maybe it was in aid of fixing the area loot bugged quests

This isn't a "fix." This is a pain in the ***. I have to loot stuff individually now if the other person loots first. OR, even if I pick up everything first, I'm still stuck crouching and staring at their loot. I don't automatically stand up anymore. And I have to manually get out of the loot screen. Then, half the time, I have to click on every single thing in the loot screen in order to loot it. And that's with AoE looting and AutoLooting turned on. I know. I checked. I even tried toggling it off and back on. Still all sorts of messed up and frustrating. Makes me want to throw something at Bioware. They messed up my QoL while grouping with friends.

I consider this a bug. It was a lot smoother experience for one person in the party to loot than for EVERY member of the group to loot... closest person loots and the job is done. No fuss.

Credits were already divided evenly in the old system. Gear was already divided evenly by rolling based on each persons OWN INTEREST in the item. The previous group loot system was great!!!

NOW: Each person has to INDIVIDUALLY loot EVERY CORPSE... sometimes each person has to loot EVERY CORPSE after the 2+ npc fight. The new group loot system is TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY. The new group loot system seems to break the auto-loot on rightclick & it also breaks the area-loot sometimes (especially if you're not the first party member to right click the bodies).

In summary; old loot system is good. New loot system is bad.

Side note: can't wait for 4.1a patch to fix this very obvious bug... AHEM I mean feature... that needs to be reverted.

HK-51: SUGGESTION: master right clicks a body, all nearby bodies are looted for every meatbag in master's party with individual loot. This fails only when one meatbag forgets to eradicate their inventory before master started looting.

I consider this a bug. It was a lot smoother experience for one person in the party to loot than for EVERY member of the group to loot... closest person loots and the job is done. No fuss.

Credits were already divided evenly in the old system. Gear was already divided evenly by rolling based on each persons OWN INTEREST in the item. The previous group loot system was great!!!

NOW: Each person has to INDIVIDUALLY loot EVERY CORPSE... sometimes each person has to loot EVERY CORPSE after the 2+ npc fight. The new group loot system is TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY. The new group loot system seems to break the auto-loot on rightclick & it also breaks the area-loot sometimes (especially if you're not the first party member to right click the bodies).

In summary; old loot system is good. New loot system is bad.

Side note: can't wait for 4.1a patch to fix this very obvious bug... AHEM I mean feature... that needs to be reverted.

HK-51: SUGGESTION: master right clicks a body, all nearby bodies are looted for every meatbag in master's party with individual loot. This fails only when one meatbag forgets to eradicate their inventory before master started looting.

*points up* That. A million times, that.

By "not a bug" I meant that with loot being adjusted to your level, they had no choice but to make it personal loot.

Because if e.g. a level 10 and a level 65 play together, there needs to be separate loot for each player.

But I agree that the current system is not optimal, there are multiple problems:

• Usually, the loot window is positioned so that the Loot button is directly at the mouse cursor. However, if there are some player names added to the window from personal loot, the window will be positioned wrong and (if you don't have auto-loot enabled), you have to move your mouse before you can press the Loot button. This bug has been present ever since there has been personal loot but it wasn't too big of an issue since it only happened in few situations. But now that it happens everywhere, this should be addressed.
  • Personal loot does not take the loot settings (Round Robin/FFA) into account, in fact I am pretty sure there is no longer any loot in the game where there will be a difference between Round Robin and FFA, unless you set the loot threshold higher than Premium. So they clearly did some quick job when it would have been better to completely revamp the loot system because they voided an entire game system with the 4.1 change.
  • The thing where the second player to loot has to visit every corpse individually is not a new bug, it has been present since 1.0. When Area Loot is enabled, it will move all eligible items to one NPC, and since some of the items belong to another player, those stay on their corpse. The bug is that once an NPC has been area looted, it will not be affected by future area loots. In other words, when the second player tries to area loot, the game won't move any items because the NPCs were already area looted by the first player. Previously, the workaround was to set the loot to FFA so that one player could loot all trash items and the second player would get nothing, and over the course of multiple mob groups, this would somewhat average out. But as of 4.1, this is no longer possible.

Anyway, I agree that the current loot system can be considered broken and requires fixing. I fear that they'd have to completely revamp an entire game system which would take an enormous amount of effort, which is why I doubt they have time for it. But if they do, I hope they'll do it right this time.

Ideally, they'd also look at loot drops in flashpoints/operations, and do something about the increase in master looting happening since 4.0 (a side-effect because too powerful loot is handed out from too easy content). I hope they don't take away master looting because it is successully used by many guilds but they should do at least something about it.

Edited by Jerba

They need to do SOMETHING about this issue now. Because I don't even want to play anymore, let alone loot. My friend and I spent all last night swearing up a storm at the insanity of what happened. I know that when one of us used to loot quest items, whoever looted second had to go to every corpse to pick it up. But at least auto loot still worked then. Now... auto loot doesn't even work. One of us has to go through the window and scroll through and pick up the stuff manually. So sure, the AoE looting works half the time... but ends up causing issues for us later.

I get the intention of wanting to do personal loot. But if you're going to do it... then ffs, do it correctly. I had zero issues getting lower level stuff on lower level planets, because sometimes, I was farming for particular pieces for outfits anyway. Now I don't even get to do that.

Kylanna thanks for talling me about this topic. This is a major concern for people used to do heroics everyday, like me for instance. I cant imagine how someone thought that this was an issue, prioritizing this over several stupid broken stuff, and now 4 people need to loot every single 43 dead bodies on the ground....

I think this is not only a stupid change, but in combination with Area Loot not working, it is actively making me NOT want to play.

I've only subbed for the last two months after leaving in 2012 as a Founder, and your patch decisions are making me strongly consider canceling next month and never returning.

I HATE THIS LOOT SYSTEM.