The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anarchist Alliance Pack, Grand Chance Packs Nonsens

mousestar

When people start throwing the word fraud around then Bioware should pay attention. Everyone knows these are "chance" packs or "gambling" packs and nobody minds gambling on getting some items they already have or don't need but when you give people NOTHING but old crap then that defeats the whole purpose and it starts to feel like fraud. If Bioware won't listen then speak with your wallets instead. Boycott the Cartel Market and do NOT buy any packs. People keep shelling out money in the hopes that they and they alone are the exception to the rules and that they will be the one to win. This isn't the lottery and there are NO winners right now. I love the idea of getting old stuff from packs but they are going about it very poorly. Just release a retro pack or better yet bring back the gold, silver and bronze mount, armor, weapons packs so then people can get what they actually want. I love how those permanent packs only lasted for a month or two and then they pulled this. It almost feels like a bait and switch and I really hope that Bioware will listen and correct this. This has been one huge disaster so people stop rewarding them. Stop buying them and it will change.

I "won" the Unstable sabre. And it isn't fraud. They were sufficiently clear about the structure of the drops from these packs that an accusation of fraud wouldn't stick. Of course, even if they had put it in SIZE=7 Bold Italic Red that there would be a high fraction of old-pack items, people would be on here whining about fraud.

Seriously, guys, get over yourselves. It isn't fraud because they were open about how it would work. It's disappointing, sure, because the fraction of old items was very, very high, making it hard to get new items we haven't seen before, and they could have been more forceful about the high rate of old items. (And, of course, because it was "*any* old item", there was a very large list of potential drops. This is a mortal no-no in gasha packs.)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last chance cubes are mostly unwanted items. They should be renamed, Grand Rip off cubes. I was buying packs for decos and some armor and gear but they have reduced the rate of those drops to a degree that I no longer am interested in buying packs from the cartel market. I am sorry to see Bioware taking advantage of their customers to this degree. Edited by MotorCityMan