Crashing to Desktop

RyokoYuuki

Hello, I've been playing SWTOR with no issues for years. I recently re-subscribed in January and have had no issues until about last week. I can launch the game from the shortcut on my desktop, it intializes, I hit play, select my character and I can play or look at my map maybe for a couple of minutes or less and the game crashes straight to desktop. I haven't been able to play at all. Please let me know what I can do to fix it or if this issue has been addressed and will be fixed within the next patch.

My character is a level 60, not a starter 60, on Shadowlands server.

*edit: I uninstalled ir and am redownloading it to see if that fixes the problem.

As it is still downloading I was able to play a beginning level character with some minor glitches but no crashing.

Edited by RyokoYuuki

What video card , does no 2 regarding crash on mouse over of map apply ? I last updated this on 30 Jan 16

if not create a thread here and post a dxdiag per here initially

Yes, it does actually. Everytime I open my map and place my cursor over a quest it does crash. This happens on my level 60, but when I was redownloading it and played on a beginner planet I did not have this issue.

GPU Intel ® HD Graphics 4400

Edited by RyokoYuuki

No guarentees it is trial and error at present on what driver will work

I gather your the HP pavilion, the driver I linked is the latest for 8.1 acking your win 10, I have seen some have success using the older OS driver so figured that's a good place to start

Update - OP installed this directx redist and it appears to have helped

Edited by OwenBrooks

Yes, it does actually. Everytime I open my map and place my cursor over a quest it does crash. This happens on my level 60, but when I was redownloading it and played on a beginner planet I did not have this issue.

GPU Intel ® HD Graphics 4400

Mine does the same thing if I move my mouse over parts of the map it crashes. A few times I can just move my

mouse up and it crashes, the game does not seem very stable as it did before when I played. I never had these

types of issues before.

Mine does the same thing if I move my mouse over parts of the map it crashes. A few times I can just move my

mouse up and it crashes, the game does not seem very stable as it did before when I played. I never had these

types of issues before.

All you need to do is download an older driver. Game will go back to normal after that :)