Memory Leak on Client Side app causing performance degradation.

Muldurath

There are memory leaks on the client side that are causing performance degradation with updates from the server. It can start in personal instances where patrolling NPCs are not properly updating their position to the client from the server. The issue becomes progressively worse over time if a player has been playing the game for more than an hour or two.

What I "suspect" is that it may have to do with the GUI and the chat window becoming overloaded and not properly purging unused data periodically. As examples, chat text historically caches for entire play session, or UI elements, like the map or inventory, when open and closed multiple times caches a new version in memory. This fills up the GPU and RAM, causing performance degradation and ultimately causes a blue screen over time.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

It would be a good idea to catch the leak and send the binary data to the dev team somehow, or send them a link on some kind of script preview website (like pastebin). First things first. Your GPU, 'Gaphical Processing Unit' doesn't store information, it processes it, likewise with your CPU. You are referring to some bits that are flooding your RAM, allthrough your vieocard will never have that in it's memory. I've never seen anything you described. You might have a changed version of windows with specific services off or overflowing memory allocations. Also, text histories might be no more than a few kilobytes big, so if you have around 8Gb of memory you would not even notice.

To conclude, catch the data and paste it somewhere were we can get more binary information.