Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that maintenance can have possible side effects but you have known this day has been coming since atleast 1/12/15 when you did the live stream of whats coming. Yet once again it seems you fail to test anything before you add it to the live servers.

Surely if you are unsure on what the problem is you can revert the servers back to before the latest patch was added so we can atleast play the old content while you work on fixing the problems.. Old SW is better than NO SW.

Im sure tho if you actually tested your crap before adding it to a live server you wouldn't have these problems.

You have test servers so why not use them?????

my 2 cents

#1 - EU players need to shut up. It's equally bad for everyone, you're not special. The game is down which means NOBODY is playing but "oh poor me over in Europe, I deserve special treatment"...No, You Don't. US players sub too and we're suffering just like you. Nobody cares where you live.

#2 - ************ isn't getting the servers up any faster, shut up. In fact, the devs should go through the forums and punish those of you that talk **** by making you wait an extra day before you can get back in game just for being a dick.

#3 - These things happen. As many before me have said, are any of you ignorant enough to truly believe patching the game in a major way is going to be smooth and without any issues? How long have you been gaming for?? I remember My first MMO....

#4 - Yea it sucks, but I'll just patiently sit around and wait for the servers to bounce back because eventually they will.

I was wondering if you guys tried *Scotch tape" yet? I have found that *Scotch Tape fixes a lot of things and very quickly I might ad. Sometimes a job can need something more heavy duty though, that is when I turn to duct tape and super glue. I have found that there is almost nothing that super glue and duct tape can't fix.

I hope this was helpful in getting the servers back up quickly.

Yours truly,

Non Justin Timberlake not crying you a river.

Scotch tape of for non-commercial uses.

This is a commercial business. They need the big stuff!

DUCT TAPE.

Duct tape fixes everything.

While we are at it, I enjoy this game very much and don't mind the wait! They are ensuring our gaming experience will be top notch with the least amount of bugs possible. The one they are fixing happens to affect your character so much they took everything down just to make sure we don't get affected by it :) I personally think that is very commendable! If you agree with me I would like to extend my invite for 7 days for anyone who is interested and does not mind the wait! Click here http://www.swtor.com/r/m79G2L See you in game!

Yes, it's an US game.

But European players are paying the same price.

Yes it's always the same timing for update and it's always EUropean players penalysed.

Now 1 questions, if all EU players stop SWTOR, do you think your US game will still survive?

So at least we could expect some compensation, appologies....just not to be considered as second level players.

Low game content, low consideration.....what else?

Ah yes, you are at least good to ban people for reselling 100 temple sits for 10K benefit....

Alright folks, it as almost an hour later. I checked in with the team and unfortunately I don't have a ton of new information to report. We are still very actively testing solutions in an effort to get the servers online as soon as possible.

I will check back in an hour and pass on any and all updates that I have. We apologize again for the unexpected additional downtime!

-eric

Some Programmers and DevOps among the players are still wondering, how come, after all this time, you guys still run into issues like these?

I suggest you open-source the game and let them develop it further, and I'm certain they'll cut you a share of the profit! ^_^

My lasting memory of Denver is taking off from the airport and landing there, in the same plane, about half an hour later.

In the BRACE position.

(737 that lost a tire on takeoff, OK, sith happens, but this one took out the primary hydraulics.)

Oh, lord, that must have been scary.